B.S. in Computer Science
Northeastern Illinois University
USD 19,785 / per semester *
Earliest start date
22 May 2023
* resident tuition 12 credit hours per semester: $412.20/credit hour. Non-resident tuition 12 credit hours per semester: $824.40/credit hour. Additional fees may apply
The B.S. in Computer Science degree provides students with a broad-based theoretical and practical understanding of the field. Students who complete the program are prepared to pursue graduate study or to pursue careers in software engineering and technical programming. Graduates leave the program with a firm grasp on how to use computer systems and related technologies to solve industry challenges.
There are three concentration tracks within the Computer Science undergraduate program:
- Computer Science Concentration
- Computer Networks and Security Concentration
- Information Technology Concentration
Graduates leave with a strong knowledge of algorithmic techniques, as well as problem-solving, analytical thinking, and computer programming skills. They are also able to perform mathematical analysis of computer programs. These skills are crucial for many potential careers.
- Computer Science
The B.S. in Computer Science prepares you for careers such as:
- Software Engineer
- Computer Security Specialist
- Computer Networking Professional
- IT Project Manager
- Web Developer
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.