B.A. in English Northeastern Illinois University
The B.A. in English at Northeastern offers students a foundation in critical and creative methods along with advanced study in literature, literary history and criticism, cultural studies, critical and cultural theory, rhetoric, creative writing, and composition. Courses develop students’ engagement with texts and their cultural and aesthetic contexts while advancing their abilities in creative and critical thinking, reading, and writing.
B.A. in English students find opportunities such as:
- Research for papers to deliver at regional and national conferences
- Presentations at Northeastern’s annual student Research and Creative Activities Symposium
- Readings by professional poets and novelists in our 82 Writers Series
- Creative Writing
The B.A. in English prepares you for careers in areas such as:
- Professional and Technical Writing
- Public Relations
- Web Content Management and Writing
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.