B.A. in Elementary Education
Northeastern Illinois University
USD 23,083 / per semester *
Earliest start date
22 May 2023
* resident tuition 12 credit hours per semester: $412.20/credit hour. Non-resident tuition 12 credit hours per semester: $824.40/credit hour. Additional fees may apply
The B.A. in Elementary Education equips students with the knowledge of philosophical and educational principles underlying the teaching of elementary school students. Throughout the program, students will learn how to develop highly reflective, creative, and critical teaching skills and demonstrate the knowledge to connect theory to practice. Skills and practical methods of teaching elementary school students are covered both in the classroom and through field teaching experience.
The Elementary Education program also offers a bilingual education endorsement for those who are interested.
The program is nationally accredited by the Association for Childhood Education International.
Upon completion of the B.A. in Elementary Education, students will:
- Meet current State of Illinois standards for Elementary Education licensure
- Qualify for Elementary Education Endorsement
- Complete 200 clock hours in a local school and a student teaching experience
- Math and Science Concepts
The B.A. in Elementary Education prepares you for careers such as:
- Elementary School Teacher
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.