B.S. in Chemistry
USD 50,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* 2022-23 full-time comprehensive fee per year
The chemistry major at Moravian University provides you with a fundamental understanding of chemical concepts and their application to current problems. Beginning in the general chemistry course and throughout the curriculum, you'll explore chemical principles by carrying out experiments using modern chemical instruments. You'll receive hands-on experience with analytical techniques such as optical and infrared spectroscopy, gas chromatography, and NMR. You may choose to work with faculty members on research projects in theoretical chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, or biochemistry. The American Chemical Society approved the department's chemistry program, and we offer coursework and research experience leading to an ACS-certified B.S. in chemistry.
It's all about the experience! The opportunities here are life-changing. Here’s a preview of what you’ll experience as a Moravian University student:
- A tech-friendly campus: Every student receives a MacBook Pro and an iPad as soon as they deposit
- Personalized learning: We have an 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students
- Classic college town: Moravian is located in historic downtown Bethlehem, PA
- Lifetime support: Say hello to the Center for Career and Civic Engagement!
- Global education: Choose from more than 20 study abroad programs
- Opportunities beyond the classroom: Participate in research, civic engagement, scholarship programs, internships, and more.
- A vast and active network: There are more than 20,000 Moravian alumni across the world, ready to help you get a job
Scholarships and Funding
Scholarships up to USD 25,000 for International Students
Moravian University offers an International Student Merit Award based primarily on academic achievement: grades, the strength of your academic program, your TOEFL or IELTS scores, and your SAT scores if submitted.
The Moravian University chemistry major provides a foundation for graduate study in chemistry, biochemistry or medicine, and for careers in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
The Major in Chemistry
The major in chemistry consists of nine-course units above Chemistry 110, including:
- CHEM 113-114
- CHEM 211-212
- CHEM 220.2
- CHEM 222
- CHEM 331-332
- CHEM 370.2
The students then select the remaining course with the approval of the major advisor. Chemistry majors also must take Mathematics 170 (or its equivalent sequence Mathematics 106-166), Mathematics 171, and Physics 111-112.