Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering
Mapúa Institute of Technology
Earliest start date
This program provides students with a strong foundation in various areas of molecular biosciences such as molecular biology, biochemistry and microbiology, bioinformatics, molecular genetics, and biochemical engineering. The program offers hands-on experience in various macroscopic and microscopic biological systems, product identification and purification, and downstream processing. The program also provides proper training for employment in bio-industries.
Graduates of this program may engage in the following professions: research on and development of food, pharmaceutical products, nutraceuticals, and biomaterials; validation of operations and processes in bio-industries; design and engineering of fermentation systems. They may also pursue graduate programs in Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Biochemical Engineering, or a degree in Medicine.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (P.E.O.):
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of Biological Engineering program shall have
- Undertaken, singly or in teams, projects that show ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Had substantial involvement in projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, partly through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Demonstrated professional success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development/continuing education courses, or industrial training courses
- Exhibited professional behavior and attitude in engineering practice
- Initiated and implemented actions toward the improvement of engineering practice