Bachelor in Social Work
Miguel Torga Institute of Higher Education (ISMT)
Earliest start date
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
As this program is taught entirely in Portuguese, candidates must be able to speak and write Portuguese or be willing to learn the language.
- Forming qualified professionals that act in a creative, innovative and enterprising way, at the level of the process of social requalification and of intervention on the social damages generated in the actual process of sustainability of the system.
- To qualify competitive social workers, facing the dynamics of transformation, for the job market in Social Work.
- Triangulate knowledge, investigation, and action as a tool to prepare the professional futures in terms of the changes that are verified in the social paradigm.
- To reinforce competences of the conventional model of action in the field of social action and of social politics and on a less conventional level of the administration and administration of institutions, services or equipment.
- Develop the students' competences to allow a sustained community intervention, at the level of street teamwork or in planning, consulting and auditing projects, programs, and services of the social sector.