BSc Honours Business Information Systems Middlesex University Dubai
The BSc Honours Business Information Systems degree prepares students for a wide range of business and computer-based careers including Systems Architects, Chief Information Officers, Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts. You will be taught by experts in the field in a high-tech lab and have access to specialist equipment.
- 01 Excellent industry engagement opportunities, especially organizations where we have formal alliances e.g Cisco, Dell EMC, IBM, Oracle and SAP
- 02 Opportunity for professional certifications e.g. CCNA, Dell EMC Associate certificate in Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Dell EMC Associate Certificate in Data Science
- 03 ESD-compliant Computer Engineering Lab with state-of-the-art National Instruments equipment
- 04 Opportunity to work on industry projects as part of final year projects and coursework
- 05 Opportunity to engage with high-profile professionals at invited guest talks and field trips
- 06 Opportunity to participate in various IT competitions and Hackathons under faculty mentorship
- 07 Gain leadership experience by joining the MDX Computing Society
- 08 Entry to various events and talks is open only to Universities that have MoU with the British Computer Society – Middle East section
Why study BSc Honours Business Information Systems?
Business Information Systems is a multi-faceted programme with exciting job prospects. By choosing this degree programme, the student will gain an understanding of how organisations can use information systems to support their strategic, tactical and operational activities. The special features of the programme are:
- Programme provides a holistic approach to information systems and business computing
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final-year project
- Graduates become key players in managing information, technology and people
- Students have an edge as the University works with companies such as Microsoft, Dell EMC, IBM, Oracle and SAP in addition to being Cisco Net Academy – meaning the student will have access to the latest equipment and can make use of specialist teaching materials and workshops
- Programme content is enriched by providing industry engagement opportunities to students through industry speakers and field trips
- Career coaching and support are available to all students through the Careers and Employability Service
- Option to transfer to the London campus
Understand how organisations use the information to support their goals and operations
The content is structured in ways that map explicitly to modern technology. Core modules such as Business Information Systems in Practice, Database Design, and Decision Support Systems are thoroughly covered in this course. You will develop a foundational understanding of how information systems occur in organisations and learn how organisational and information systems design relate to a wide range of businesses.
- Information in Organisations (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Foundations of Informatics (90 Credits) - Compulsory
- Project Planning and Research for Information Systems Professionals (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Information Systems Analysis and Design (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Database Systems: Design and Implementation (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Data Analysis for Enterprise Modelling (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- UG Individual Project (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Interaction Design and User Experience (30 Credits) - Optional
- Teaching Computing in the Secondary School (30 Credits) - Optional
- Strategic Information Systems (Enterprise Project) Management (30 Credits) - Optional
- Innovation and Technology Management (30 Credits) - Optional
- Business Intelligence (30 Credits) - Optional
The degree opens doors to varied careers in the business information system industry. Students will learn how a modern enterprise operates and how information systems are integral to its success. Recent graduates have progressed onto further studies or secured jobs with global companies in roles such as Business Analyst, Database Developer/Administrator, IT Support Engineer, Programme Analyst, IT Project Manager, Systems Designer/Developer and IS Manager.
Links with the employment market are established through visiting speakers from relevant sections of the industry. Our industry partners offer internships, deliver visiting lectures, assist with field trips and recruit at the University’s Careers Day each year.