BA in Environmental Design
Budapest Metropolitan University
EUR 3,600 / per semester **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* non-EU students; EU students: 20 August
** per semester non-EU students; 2750€ per semester EU students
This is for you
If you have a responsible and affective attitude towards your environment, if you have rich imagination, good visual and communication skills. If you would like to present and realize your design ideas in a professional manner.
The Environmental Design bachelor’s program equips students with the skills and knowledge that allow them to design practical and sophisticated spaces and objects, both when working individually and as a creative associate.
Our teaching methods put great emphasis on personal contact and consultation, and practical workshops are an important pillar of the program.
What can you study with us?
- Exploration of the links between mankind and environment
- International trends in built environment
- Ecological approach
- Environment- and health-conscious design and sustainable solutions
- Complex design skills through practical and conceptual methods
- Involvement in the recent technologies and materials
- Building prototypes in our in-house workshop led by experts, design project modelling
- Acquiring skills and knowledge in interior and object design during real-life projects at our internship places
Structure of the Program
- First year: Introduction to forms, spaces and materials through practical foundation courses, with plenty of experimentation and research opportunities that help you gain the skills needed to complete professional tasks.
- Second year: Practical courses with special focus on interior space, furniture and architecture design, complemented by courses about related fields in each semester to equip students with a comprehensive knowledge.
- Third year: Practical courses and lectures on both general arts and specific subjects
- Environmental Design: Interior design, object design and architectural concept development.
- The program equips students with a general understanding of the fields of architecture, interior design, environmental design, object design and urban studies.
- Students can learn about multiple fields connected to the shaping of the environment, how to find answers to human and environmental challenges. Students gain a comprehensive, architectural understanding of spaces and objects, how to present and communicate artworks and the values they stand for.
- The interior design specialization focuses on the functional use and atmosphere of architectural spaces, including forms, materials, colors and lightning, with a special emphasis placed on creating environment- and health-conscious spaces.Next to design and art history, art theory and psychology, students also have technical subjects.
- The program is highly practice-oriented, helping students to focus on and realize their own plans and dreams.
- Interior designer / object designer
- Design consultant for professionals
- Independent artist
- Creative design
- Form and material studies
- Drawing and painting
- Art history
- Environmental design
- Knowledge of materials
- Furniture structure studies
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and 3D Modeling
- Design and interior design history
- Space, object and environment studies
“Although the education focuses on interior design, thanks to comprehensive design approach, we have the opportunity to study other art branches in the field, like industrial design or landscape architecture. As a result of practical training and a creative cooperation between faculties, we also have the opportunity to get to know a wide range of materials, techniques as well as establish new relationships, thus we can acquire a wider spectrum of knowledge.” Our graduate Anna Fehér
“I had the feeling, based on the name of the specialization that environmental design monitors architectural, interior design and design processes in general comprehensively, from far and also from very close, and this was what persuaded me to study here.” Our graduate Eszter Anna Marosi
"The major at METU is amazing and I would love to share the knowledge in my community after I finish" Heba Hassan from Egypt
- IELTS min. 5.5
- High school diploma
- Portfolio of previous works
- CV and motivation letter