MEng / BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering & Design
4 - 5 years
Request info *
Earliest start date
* rolling admissions
* contact us to discuss your individual tuition payment plan
- The 1st to be offered in Greek private higher education.
- No1 in Greece | Top 20 in the UK.
- Leads to an integrated Master’s degree.
- Worldwide professional recognition.
The School of Engineering at Mediterranean College was established in 2005 and was the first to ever offer a Mechanical Engineering degree in Greek private higher education. The MEng/ BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering & Design is validated by the University of Derby, a TOP20 UK University in Mechanical Engineering, according to the Guardian University Guide, 2019. Derby is a city of technology, with world-famous companies including Rolls-Royce, Bombardier and Toyota right on the University’s doorstep.
This is a five-year undergraduate programme with an integrated Master’s, which can lead to a charted engineer status, according to the requirements of the UK Institution of Mechanical Engineers, and to full professional recognition in Greece.
What you will study
Our aim is to provide you with a solid academic background in Mechanical Engineering and also equip you with practical skills in mechanical engineering design, modelling and management. We have adjusted the programme’s content, to ensure that you are taught what you’ll be asked to apply as a professional in Greece and abroad.
Our course is designed to cover the three, key mechanical engineering study fields: Energy, Construction, and Industrial Management. You learn how to design and model, using contemporary software tools, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Abacus/ Ansys, MATLAB. Also, your focus on management enables you to develop entrepreneurial activity and pursue higher managerial positions in the technical sector.
You have access to high-end labs and facilities, strengthening your practical skills: Metrology, CAD Design & Prototyping, Metal Processing, Technology & Strength of Materials, and Fluid Engineering. Our specialised academic staff and collaborating business partners keep you up to date with the latest industry developments and scientific research.
Why choose this course
- The degree is awarded by the Top ranked UK University in Greece and Top 20 in Britain.
- It is the 1st Mechanical Engineering programme to be offered in Greek private higher education.
- It is a five-year undergraduate, integrated Master's degree, which can lead to full professional rights in Greece, the UK and internationally.
- You may exit the course in 4 years, with a BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering & Design and achieve an Incorporated Engineer professional status.
- The programme equally focuses on Energy, Construction and Industrial Management.
- You practice the most renowned software: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Abacus/ Ansys, MATLAB.
- You have access to both internal and high-quality external lab facilities.
- You broaden your horizons through industrial visits and field trips, guest lectures by leading professionals and real-life projects.
- You become a bilingual mechanical engineer, with excellent academic & professional prospects.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
We offer partial scholarships to international students ranging from 20%-35%
You will learn through lectures – including guest lectures, practical demonstrations and labs, tutorials, industry visits, field trips and extensive e-learning material. Assessment is designed to include individual and team coursework, case studies, prototype design, professional presentations, and written exams. Through the dissertation, you will undertake to tackle realistic industry problems, that will give you an insight of real workplaces.
- Mathematics for Study in Technology
- Scholarship for Technologies
- English for Study in Technology Part A
- Engineering Science
- Introduction to Structural Analysis and Dynamics
- English for Study in Technology Part B
- Applied Scientific Methods
- Management of the Business Environment
- Computer-Aided Design
- English for Study in Technology C
- Engineering Design and Workshop Technology
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Regulatory Systems
- Advanced Applied Analytical Methods
- Engineering Design Modeling
- Structural Analysis and Materials
- Corporate Responsibility and Professional Development
- Vibration and Dynamics
- Advanced Engineering Design Modeling
- Advanced Powertrain Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Advanced Mechanical Design and Materials
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Independent Study and Professional Development (Mechanical Engineering)
- Research Methods, Application and Evaluation
- Environmental Risk and Responsibility
- Forensic Engineering, Failure Analysis and Prevention
- Advanced Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering (optional)
- Energy Management and Conservation (optional)
- CPD and Strategic Management
- MEng Interdisciplinary Group Project
As a holder of a recognised MEng degree, you may individually apply for membership with the UK Institution of Mechanical Engineers. This five-year MEng course allows you to pursue a Chartered Engineer (CEng) status, so that you can also claim full professional recognition in Greece. The four-year BEng programme leads to an Incorporated Engineer professional status. In any case, should you wish to obtain a license to practice in Greece, you are required to apply for professional recognition with ATEEN (Hellenic Ministry of Education), which grants you the right to then register with the Technical Chamber of Greece.
After successfully completing the programme, you may continue for a Master’s degree at Mediterranean College or at overseas universities. At Mediterranean College, you can choose among:
- MSc Mechanical Engineering and Design
- MSc Renewable Energy Engineering
If you wish to combine Engineering with Management and pursue higher managerial positions in Engineering or other industries, you may like one of the following postgraduate courses:
- MBA Global
- MBA Global Finance
- MBA Global Shipping
- MSc Big Data Analytics
Mechanical Engineering university graduates have a wide span of professional activity. You may work as a freelancer Mechanical Engineer or as an associate or employee at:
- Technical/ construction firms
- Engineering planning/ consulting agencies
- Renewable Energy companies
- Car/ yacht dealerships
- Mechanical equipment trading companies
- Repair companies
- Maritime companies
- Workshops and research laboratories