BSc (Hons) Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
Middlesex University Mauritius
Flic en Flac, Mauritius
Earliest start date
The programme provides a tremendous opportunity for students to develop a significant range of pen testing skills as well as investigation skills which are highly valued and sought-after by the international security and digital forensics sector. These skills include the ability to use digital tools to investigate incidents as well as a deep understanding of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics compliance.
Overview - Why Sign Up?
By combining the key subject areas of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics, the program presents a hybrid learning scope, highlighting how to protect and prevent cybercrimes from occurring in organisations and be compliant with regulations governing Cyber Security. Students will also get to understand how to detect and advise on cybercrimes that have occurred in organizations and be compliant with regulations governing Digital Forensics.
Graduates of the programme will be equipped with professional and employable skills and attributes such as:
- Communication and behavioural competencies – the ability to work independently or as a member of team and recognise the different roles within a team.
- Demonstrate personal professional development and management competencies - the ability to initiate, plan, schedule and monitor own work and manage own learning, and to make use of scholarly reviews and primary sources.
- Both fields of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics have grown in recent years, and their expansion is expected to continue considering technology is always in a state of flux. This degree satisfies emerging market requirements in the computer security field. The course provides the skills to understand the current condition of the industry besides the obvious advantage of standing out in the job market with technological proficiency.
- The BSc Cyber Security and Digital Forensics is aimed at students who are interested in becoming proficient in the cyber security and digital forensics fields whilst focusing on a wide range of development skills and business oriented intelligent integrated solutions.
- The course is offered as a three-year full-time programme.
Scholarships and Funding
You can also receive financial support to help with the cost of your studies that is based on your personal circumstances. Scholarships recognise your academic excellence and other achievements and, unlike a loan, you don't have to pay them back.
Scholarships can reduce your tuition fees or help pay your living expenses. You are only eligible to receive one scholarship award from Middlesex University.
- Information in Organisations (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Computer Systems Architecture & OS (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Programming for Data Communication and Networks (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Computer Networks (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Internet of Everything (IoE) (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Cyber Security & Digital Forensics Compliance (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Internet Technologies (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Digital Incident Scene Investigation (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Memory Analysis (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Security & Network Forensics (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Individual Project (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Artificial Intelligence (30 credits) – Optional
- Defensive Security (30 credits) – Optional
- Blockchain Engineering & Analytics (30 credits) – Optional
Core modules such as programming, networks, and IT security are covered in this course extensively. You will develop expert knowledge in the technological, ethical, regulatory and legal issues in this field, including security, encryption, operating systems and information systems.
What will you gain
- You will gain the necessary skills to work in the cyber security and digital forensic fields and in addition, will be able to reflect on wider context of cyber security and digital forensic practices in organisations and society.
- Your knowledge will provide you with the necessary insights to make judgments, and frame appropriate questions to achieve a solution - or identify a range of solutions - to a problem.
- You will be able to competently execute data acquisition from various sources to maximise preservation of data, whilst minimising contamination, and then use that data to inform an investigation.
- You will be able to competently execute an investigation to cover all aspects of the cyber security lifecycle.
Program Tuition Fee
Equipped with a hybrid skill set, you will be able to pursue several different career pathways in several promising fields of industry ranging from generic roles to more specialist roles.
Your career options may include
- IT Manager
- Database Administrator
- Digital Forensics Investigator
- Cyber Security Researcher