Exercise, Nutrition and Stress Management
Lithuanian Sports University
4 - 5 years
EUR 3,524 / per year **
30 Jun 2024*
Earliest start date
01 Oct 2024
* admission procedures degree of study and deadlines acceptance - correction - of applications for participation in tenders and registration of documents from 2021.11.01 to 2022.06.30
** fees are subject to change
- Faculty: Sports Education
- Language: English B2 level or IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 72
- Credits: 240 ECTS
- Begins: September
- Study type: Full-time
- Duration: 4 years
- Prerequisites: Secondary education
- Qualification to be conferred: Bachelor of Sports
Based on the achievements of fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and technology at the international level, to educate a bachelor of sports (Health and fitness trainer) possessing theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to effectively design, apply and improve integrated exercise, nutrition, and stress management programs able to protect people of all ages, from birth to old age, from many chronic diseases and to significantly improve their quality of life, social and economic prosperity.
All the program modules are distributed within eight semesters:
- Introductory semester. Introduction to teaching didactics & physical activity, public health, applied basic health sciences, behavioral change models, presentation & communication, and project management are offered both in theoretical and practical ways.
- Health Enhancing Physical Activity. Students will get to know Physical Activity programmes suitable for various stages of health and fitness levels of target groups.
- Changing Behaviour. Students will study and practice basic counseling skills in order to help the clients to adapt to a long-term healthy lifestyle.
- Nutrition. Students will learn about healthy nutrition, European cultural and policy differences in diet, and diet-related health; also they will help the clients learn how to change eating habits.
- Entrepreneurship. The focus is made on possible job scenarios and students’ abilities to deal with various work environments as well as on employment policy and strategy.
- Basic University Studies and Internship. Students will study basic university subjects as well as have their internships. The study program internship covers 15 credits (duration – 3 months). Students will be able to choose places for an internship abroad.
- An Integrated Final Project.
Exercise, Nutrition, and Stress Management study is an interdisciplinary program. The competencies of graduates overlap in Sports, Education, Psychology, Public Health, and Management areas. In this way, the programme provides a huge advantage to students compared to other similar study programmes.
- Professional orientation
- Changing behavior
- Development and innovations
- Comprehensive knowledge and management of ideas
- Health-enhancing physical activity.
Program Tuition Fee
Graduates will be able to work as personal and group training health and fitness trainer in sports and wellness centers, clubs and organizations, institutions and companies that organize recreational activities, Health and fitness consultants in private or public businesses or institutions, non-formal education and sports facilities, as well as private health/wellness activities; as middle and senior managers in health care, rehabilitation, sports and wellness institutions.