Bachelor of Design Arts: Graphic & Digital Design
Earliest start date
The LCI Melbourne Graphic & Digital Design program will provide you with a broad range of specializations, such as print, typography, branding, packaging, and digital design for online delivery.
Major Study Units
- History and Contemporary Practice
- Editorial Design (for Print & Screen)
- Packaging Design
- Promotional Design
- Portfolio Production
- Major Portfolio
- Graphic & Digital Design Technologies
- Industry Practice
Bachelor of Design Arts (Graphic & Digital Design)
During Orientation the Academy will provide you with a detailed list of the required materials for the program.
The Bachelor of Design Arts can be completed over 3 years full-time (10 units per academic year) or 2 years fast-tracked full-time (15 units per academic year). Part-time study is also available. An academic year is divided into three twelve-week study periods, called ‘trimesters’.
80% project work (including practical work, essays, presentations, and group assignments) and 20% test.
- Adeptness with a broad range of skills, including print and collateral, brand, packaging, or digital design.
- Conceive, develop and produce technically refined designs to meet a creative brief.
- Detailed knowledge of leading-edge digital tools.
- Use the design process to achieve sophisticated design outcomes.
- Build industry contacts via professional placement and international exchange opportunities.
- Enhance creative skills via a sub-major from either the Communication Design stream or one of the other creative disciplines.
Prospective Student Profile
- Creative students
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative thinker
- Interest in new and emerging creative technologies
As an LCI Melbourne graduate with a major in Graphic & Digital Design you are poised to enter an exciting industry with job possibilities such as Branding and Packaging Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Typographer, UI and UX Designer, Interactive Media Designer, Web and App Designer, Animator, and Motion Graphics Designer.
The Professional Studies units of the Bachelor of Design Arts ensure students secure industry placements to enhance their skills and experience - giving them an edge when they graduate. Work experience in the design industry can include placements at Design Studios, Advertising Agencies, Government and Corporate Design Departments, Printing and Publishing Companies, Marketing and Promotions Businesses.