Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Kutaisi International University
USD 1,610 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* international students; 2250 GEL per year - Georgian students
- Program developed in partnership with TUM and TUM International and approved by the International Advisory Board;
- Program accreditation is equivalent to Georgian accreditation.
- Bid for international accreditation before the first graduation.
- Professors from TUM and other international universities abroad
- Seminars, projects, and interactive teaching
- Access to worldwide library system electronically
- Modern and high tech infrastructure with state of the art facilities
- Individual, student-centered approaches of teaching, establishing lifelong learning and continuous development practices
- Internship at national and international companies
- The program offers a powerful combination. Major could be in mathematics with a minor in computer science and/or management.
Graduates will acquire:
- conceptual and operational understanding of selected core areas of mathematics
- problem-solving skills including the computational and modeling ability
- skills for efficient communication, critical thinking, and life-long learning
Should a student decide to enter into professional employment after concluding the bachelor's program, opportunities then arise in many different sectors. Mathematical methods are used widely in science, engineering, and business.
Graduates can find jobs in private and governmental companies where mathematical modeling, analysis, and computer simulation are needed.
Should graduates of the bachelor's program decide to continue studies at the M.Sc. level, opportunities then arise in mathematics and other fields.
Core pillars (solid knowledge in the following foundation's fields of mathematics:)
- Linear algebra
- Probability and statistics
- Numerical methods
- Optimization methods
Specialization via electives
- Mathematical modeling courses
- Mathematical seminar, Elective Courses
- Thesis, project/internship
- Introduction to Mathematical Software, Introduction to Programming
BSc Degree Requirements:
- 240 ECTS credits
- (Group/Individual) Project/Internship
- (Individual) Thesis