B.Sc. in Tourism And Catering Kodolanyi Janos University (KJU)
At Kodolányi – one of Hungary’s most prestigious universities with a huge history of tourism education – you can learn from much respected and experienced, professional teachers. With us, you can be a part of exciting classes full of experiences while learning about up-to-date and marketable information about the Hungarian and international tourism industry. You’ll get comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge in the most dynamically developing area of tourism development and you can also enjoy the world of gastronomy, active tourism, and creative tourism.
Description of the program
The program’s qualification objectives are equivalent to the European Qualification Framework System 6th level, and the Hungarian National Qualification Framework system 6th level.
The aim of the course is the education of economic professionals who are capable of understanding enterprise and business administration processes in general, and capable of internationalization for the global business environment.
By taking this course you will be capable of:
- understanding the principles and multilevel governance system of the tourism industry, its trends and nature, challenges, and risks.
- understanding organization and management of the different types of organizations and institutions in the tourism industry. The specialized knowledge will make you capable of understanding, planning, and analyzing operative and functional business processes of the organizations and institutions.
- the organization and management of a new creative, innovative, quality-oriented program or project-based interventions for business services.
- intercultural communication and interactions with customers, for understanding and influencing choices and behaviors.
- continuing your studies at the master’s level.
Specialized focus area
- Green Economy
- Hotel and Catering Management
- Tourism Development
- European Union Studies
Overview of the classes
- Study skills & learning methods
- Hungarian as a Foreign Language
- Globalization & Social Problems
- External Services in Business & IR
- Creativity and Innovation in Tourism
- Experience Design in Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management
- Sustainability and Tourism Development
- Responsible Tourism Consumption
The KJU BSc in Tourism and Catering Program’s position
- The program is part of the KJU Budapest International Campus program and together with the Hungarian program is sustainably implemented.
- The program is connected to KJU’s strategic aims for cooperative education including work-based learning (WBL)
- The program is connected to KJU’s strategic aims for entrepreneurship education to develop students for private, non-profit, or social entrepreneurship.
Interesting facts of the Tourism Department
- Almost 40% of Hungary’s tourism experts studied at Kodolányi.
- The teachers of the Tourism Department of Kodolányi have almost 120 years of experience altogether which they got while working in the different fields of tourism. They are also very active at traveling: they traveled to more than 80 countries and are constantly giving speeches at several international conferences.
- Not only this, but they also went to teach in several universities all around the world, which experiences they built in their classes and teaching methods back in Hungary.