Bachelor of Commerce
James Cook University Singapore
2 - 4 years
Full time, Part time
SGD 59,832 *
Earliest start date
* international students; S$57,264 - domestic students
With this degree, you will be equipped with skills and knowledge for a career in the changing business and not for profit environments. The degree program will enhance your critical thinking and problem-solving skills, practice ethical values, adopting a commercial mindset, understanding project management and mastering critical thinking and problem-solving.
Initially, you will concentrate on establishing a solid understanding of the business environment via the compulsory subjects. Later on, you will start to specialize and expand your major area of study. You will also have the opportunity to see and experience business fundamentals in action while working on industry-related projects.
Depending on your area of specialization, you can apply for membership to a wide range of organizations. The accounting major within the Bachelor of Commerce program is accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ).
The accounting major qualifications are also endorsed by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) and recognised by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
The Banking & Finance and Financial Management Majors are recognized by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA). The program is closely tied to the practice of investment management and is helpful to students preparing for the CFA Program exams.
3 trimesters per year (normally 4 subjects per trimester)
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Data Analysis for Business
- Introduction to Management Concepts and Application
- Business Communication
- Marketing Matters
- Business Law
- plus one of the following Work Integrated Learning Capstone Subjects: Professional Internship*/Multidisciplinary Project/Independent Project*
Additional Course Conditions:
In the JCU Bachelor of Commerce, students conclude their studies with a core Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience that connects them with the business community, enabling them to demonstrate their graduate skills to potential employers.
To be eligible to apply for WIL, students must successfully complete prescribed online career development modules and quizzes throughout the degree to better prepare them for their WIL experience.
- Banking and Finance
- Financial Management
- International Trade
Note: Upon recommendation, students are required to complete English for Academic Purposes subject to meet progression requirements.
- The entry requirements differ from country to country but in general, applicants must have satisfactorily completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent
- Successful completion of the James Cook University Foundation Program will also satisfy the entry requirement.
Successful completion of English Language subject or any language rich subject deemed comparable to Australian standards on a case-by-case basis which includes GCE A level Grade D or higher in English or any language rich subject, GCE AS level Grade C or higher in English or any language rich subject, or GCE O level Grade C or higher in English subject.
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 74 (no component less than 18) / Pearson PTE Academic 52 (no component less than 52); or
- Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
- Successful completion of other qualifications completed in the English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
- Advanced standing of up to 8 subjects will be granted upon successful completion of the James Cook University Diploma of Higher Education (Business Studies) program.
- Credit exemption may be granted for students with tertiary qualifications from recognised institutions on a case-by-case basis.
- International students holding a valid Student's Pass are required to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes per month. Failure to attend classes is a breach of the student visa conditions. Being absent from classes for a continuous period of seven days or more, or attendance falling below 90% without valid reasons will result in the student needing to surrender their Student's Pass for cancellation.
- Domestic students must attend at least 75% of the scheduled lecture and tutorial activities to be eligible for assessment.
- Domestic*: S$57,264
- International: S$59,832
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass)
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST). Students will pay the tuition fees in equal instalments. The details of the breakdown will be provided in your Student Contract. Please contact us for further details.