Bachelor of Arts in Technology and Production
Jam Academy - International Academy of Modern Music Italy
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
Our B.A. is released directly by British universities and boards of the highest levels, Institutional Approval procedures are held during the courses to control the quality of the service we provide.
- Study area: Technology and production
- Intruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Keyboards/Piano, Horns and woodwinds
- Director of Studies: Valerio Silvestro
- Attendance: Part Time (a selection of subjects) or Full Time
- Duration: either September-June or January-December
The Higher Education courses held at Jam Academy are built to help everyone who intends to study music in a serious, professional and in-depth way. The Bachelor of Arts in Music Technology and Production (Producer, Sound Engineer) will provide the students with the knowledge and skills necessary to produce, mix and master music. Subjects with such skills are able to give a strong contribution to a musical project.
The students will face many important subjects and will learn the basics on how to manage a recording studio, the basics of acoustic science, they will learn to take care of the production of contemporary music, both pop-rock and electronic, with a special eye to composition and sound design. Thanks to the collaboration between Jam Academy and Andrea Benassai’s Sonoria Recording (Senior Engineer studio Owner), the students will have the chance to work in one of the most sought-after recording studios in the country.
The Bachelor of Arts courses in Music Performance is split into three separate years of study (September-June or January-December). Every year is divided into two phases at the ending of which the students will have to attend a test for every subject he enrolled (both performative and non-performative subjects). The courses are held weekly over about 12 hours (varying depending on stages and internships) of performative lessons over 2-3 days, while the non-performative subjects will be done in e-learning.
Apart from the normal class hours, the students will be able to participate in stages and internships.
- Early enrollment discount from April to July
- Regular enrollment in September and January
- Scholarships and grants every April
Every student will have to confirm his study plan according to the year of attendance and frequency (part-time or full time). It is mandatory to have an IELTS Academic English language exam with an average score of 6.0 (a minimum 5.5 on every subject). PTE Pearson with 51 or Toefl with a minimum of 80 are also valid.
I anno: Edexcel Units
- Applied Music Production Techniques
- Computer Music Composition and Production
- Music Studio Production
- Aural Perception
- Music Notation
- Music Technology
- Music in Context
- Critical Music Listening
- The Music Business in the 21st century
II anno: Edexcel Units
- Live Sound for Small Venues
- Audio Mastering and Manufacture
- Audio post Production 1
- New Media Technology
- Creative Arts Research Skills
- Preparation, Process and Production in the Creative Arts
- Marketing the Creative Arts
III anno: Essex Units
- Audio post Production 2 (c/o Lucca)
- Music Production Professional Practice (c/o Lucca)
- Specialised Project (c/o Bologna)
Scholarships and economic facilitation
Jam Academy adopts a policy of economic facilitation towards deserving students enrolling for our 3 year courses (Rock&Pop and Bachelor of Arts). Thanks to the contribution of Fondazione Banca del Monte di Lucca and Cassa di Risparmio di Lucca, we are able to provide different ways for our students to cover for a part or the total cost of the tuition. Yearly, during the month of April, many announcements for grants and scholarships are issued for the following year. The rules to apply for this scholarships are precisely stated in the official communications but generally, the criteria are: Musical resume, studying results, economic difficulties and date of enrollment.
These are some of our initiatives:
- Scholarships to enrolling students
- Learning Vouchers, with a potential coverage of 100% of the cost for the Bachelor of Arts
- Discounts and payment agreements depending on enrollment method
- Free courses offered by Jam Academy