B.Sc. in Computer Science
IU International University of Applied Sciences
EUR 5,247 / per year *
Earliest start date
30 Jun 2024
* The prices includes discount on tuition fees. For more details check on IU’s website.
Did you know that Computer Science is undergoing rapid change and allows you to be at the cutting edge of technological advancements?
Start your Bachelor’s in Computer Science on-campus programme!
The quicker business and society develop, the more multifaceted Computer Science becomes in response. IU's Bachelor programme in Computer Science is designed to equip you with the dynamic skillset required to successfully enter this area, where you will be at the forefront of such as innovative fields as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Digital Development, and more.
Additionally, you’ll hone your professional profile through primers in related topics like Project Management and IT Law.
At IU, you can choose between two modern campuses in Berlin and Bad Honnef, each equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, learning spaces and libraries. Experience the vibrant Berlin scene or settle into the friendly environment of Bad Honnef, where on-campus accommodation is available. Join clubs and societies, relax in social areas, and embrace the supportive international community throughout your educational journey.
What does it mean to study on IU Campus?
• All programmes taught in English
• 2-4 intakes per year – programme dependent
• A mix of online self-study and on-campus learning (2-3 days per week) in Germany
• IU’s AI-driven teaching assistant helps you prepare for exams, find materials in the virtual library, and clarify questions
• Study and collaborate in small groups during on-campus tutorials
• Free online German language course
• Access to jobs board and optional internship module
• Optional internship module
• 18-month post-study visa eligibility
• Blended learning: Attend tutorials on campus only 2-3 times per week
• Flexible: Study online at your own schedule the rest of the week
• Explore work-study options in Germany: up to 20 hours per week while studying
• Career-oriented: IU provides specialized degree programs in high-demand fields.
• Courses: combine theory and practical application through real-life case studies
• Kickstart your career in Germany: after graduation with an 18-month post-study visa
• All programmes are accredited: according to German and EU standards in education
• IU degrees are internationally recognised and can be converted to overseas equivalents for work or further studies
• Recognised by WES Canada & US and member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Free Upcoming IU Webinars
Study with IU! Find out what it’s like to study at IU. IU's experienced study advisors will give you all the insights about the study programmes, online or on campus, study coaching and more. It’s also a great chance to ask your questions.
Scholarships and Funding
Change your future with IU - apply and save up to 25%!
IU is always looking for new ways to help you combine high-quality and accessible education, no matter your circumstances.
Join one of its campuses, in Bad Honnef or in Berlin, and enjoy IU's unique approach that enables you to strike a balance between your academic pursuits, work commitments, social interactions, and the exploration of a new continent while working toward your future goals.
Apply today and you will have the chance to get up to 25% off your on-campus studies!
Choose your Electives
The BSc in Computer Science allows you to choose two of eight electives in which to specialise.
- Big Data and Cloud Technologies
- Information Systems Management
- Computer Science & Society
- IT project and architecture management
- Practical Data Science
- Business Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Software Engineering
During your internship, you can use your academic knowledge outside of your studies. You will also get to know the industry better – which provides the perfect foundation for choosing your career. The internship is firmly integrated into your studies so of course, you do not lose any time.
- You can take your internship in Germany or abroad.
- The internship usually lasts five to six months.
- Make your first contacts in the industry.
- Enrich your CV with an important position.
- Use the opportunity to be hired by the company after graduation.
Accreditations, Rankings, and Memberships
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, and the German Council of Science and Humanities. This means that their courses, faculty and teaching materials meet the rigorous standards set according to European academic guidelines and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Awards and Rankings
IU is the first German university to get 99/100 on the QS Stars Report, but they also topped 6 out of 25 categories in Germany’s largest university ranking by CHE. Recently IU’s online MBA programmes ranked 26th in Europe in the prestigious QS Online MBA Rankings, an impressive achievement and recognition on the international stage.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning
Since April 2023, IU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the largest university association in the world with foreign universities as an associate member. IU is also the only European member of Association of African Universities (AAU), a network of over 420 universities and research centres from across the African continent
Global Recognition and Academic Partners
As IU is recognised by WES Canada and U.S., their degrees can be converted into points according to local academic standards in the Canadian Immigration Point System and American Immigration Assessment Scheme.
Through partnerships with academic institutions from all around the world, IU offers a more affordable way for students to study and live abroad. The IU Study Abroad Alliance lets students start a degree online at IU and complete it at a partner university in the US, Canada, Australia or Europe, where career opportunities are aplenty
What you will learn
The Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is designed to prepare you for a career in one of the most important knowledge sectors of the future corporate world:
- You will acquire foundational competencies and skills in software development and maintenance, as well as in software management.
- You will be introduced to contemporary topics in the Computer Science industry, such as data science, AI, and more.
- You will learn to identify and leverage growth opportunities with the aid of the latest technological developments and innovations, from cloud computing to blockchain.
Program Tuition Fee
With a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, you will be one of the most sought-after specialists in business, industry, the public sector, and government organisations. After you graduate, you will work as:
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the planning, design, and development of database applications. Ensuring accessibility and maintaining data security will also be one of your tasks. You will regularly test databases and associated programmes to identify any errors to be corrected, alterations to be made, and security measures to be implemented.
As a Software Developer, you will design, implement, and modify computer programmes. This can involve both application software ie. software intended for the general public and commercial purposes, and system software ie. software that ensures the smooth and efficient functioning of computer systems.
As a Web Developer, you will create and maintain websites. You will oversee the technical structure of the website (back-end) and/or the visual layout and content (front-end). Web Developers often act as "webmasters" and are responsible for ensuring that websites function properly.
Computer and Information Research Scientist
As a Computer and Information Research Scientist (Computer Scientist for short) you will analyze complex problems in a variety of areas, including business, science, medicine, in order to develop computer-aided solutions. Computer Scientists are theorists, designers and inventors all in one, and help influence the future of companies via innovative technologies and computer systems.