Bachelor in Creative Technologies
Earliest start date
Advertising shows, radio, and television are changing. All communication is becoming more technological and new audiences, especially people who go to concerts, or follow movies and series online, are looking for new ways to interact with their favorite content.
The degree in Creative Technologies was born to break barriers and allow those who, like technology, but have a passion for the arts, audiovisuals, or advertising, to have a career in this area.
Each semester of the course in Creative Technologies explores a different technological area (video production and editing, digital cinematography, virtual and/or augmented reality, Internet of Things), working on multi-sensory and creative brand activation solutions and creating solutions that are tested in real events. The use of Augmented Reality (AR) in fashion, the creation of Virtual Reality (VR) experiences, or the production of video mapping shows are some of the most emblematic works of the students in this degree.
This is the degree that will put your creativity to the test. You will be part of a community of students, teachers, and professionals in the entertainment and communication industry.
Why study Global Bachelor in Creatives Technologies?
The student will have the opportunity to live an international experience through our mobility programs, which will be announced soon. During one semester the students will have the opportunity to study in one of the top schools in the area:
- NABA (Italy)
- Abertay University (Scotland)
Facilities and equipment
In IADE facilities students have:
- Theoretical and practical teaching rooms;
- Computer Labs (Creative Tech Lab; Game Design and Development Lab; UX Lab);
- 4 work ateliers for students;
- Lounge for lectures;
- Other labs: 3D Lab, Media Lab, with a photography studio and 2 analog photography labs, multimedia studio, radio editing lab, 2 sound studios, printing lab, network system lab, and library;
- Students have access to labs for developing and testing digital artifacts, interactive projections, virtual reality simulators, consoles, mobile devices, drones, sensors, actuators, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and integrated circuits.
Real-World business experience
Throughout the degree, the student will have the opportunity to be in constant contact with companies, either through the development of projects or through participation in seminars.
- Programming Fundamentals
- Data Science Fundamentals
- Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Information Design
- Creative Programming
- Visual Human Factors
- Project I
- Science Fundamentals for Creative Applications
- Mobile Programming
- Communication Design
- AR Programming
- Motion Graphics
- Project II
- Web Programming
- Web Design
- Visual Web History
- Networks, Systems, and Cloud Computing
- Rapid Web Application Builders
- Project III
- Graphics Programming
- Mathematics for Computer Graphics
- Stage Design
- 3D Modeling
- Projection Systems
- Content Planning
- Digital Sculpting
- Project IV
- Game Frameworks
- Game Design
- Non-Linear Storytelling
- VR Development
- Virtual Environment Design
- Projeto V
- Emerging Creative Technologies
- Physical Computing
- Trend Creation
- Product Design
- Final Project
Software Development and Interactive Multimedia Experiences: It is a professional area that currently has a huge deficit of professionals and that is evolving more and more towards creative areas. Future professionals in CT will have development skills in the most recent and innovative technologies and development paradigms in the market.
Usability and user-centered experience (UX) designer: UX designers aim to ensure that the methods used by a company to interact with customers (such as websites and apps) are useful and appealing.
Sound Designer: This is an essential area of expertise within the multidimensional world of creative technologies. Sound design can refer to the sound being constructed for use in a post-production context for film, documentary, and television, such as sound effects and sound scores.
- Multimedia experience development and animation
- 3D models
- Web designer
- Graphic artist
- Film and TV content creator
- Multimedia Designer
- Mobile & Software Developer