BA music management
Fresenius University of Applied Sciences
EUR 795 / per month *
Earliest start date
What makes a song a hit? How do the music industry, business models, brand and artist management, music marketing and exploitation work? How do you organize concerts and music events? And what does it take to start a label? If you are enthusiastic about these and other questions about the music industry, the bachelor's degree in Music Management (BA) is just right for you!
The music management course at the Hochschule Fresenius combines theory with practice and musicology with business know-how. You will receive broad knowledge of management, marketing, corporate governance and founding and can also adapt your studies to your personal interests and professional goals. Whichever path you choose: After graduating, you will have excellent prospects for a career in the music industry, but also in media companies, agencies and marketing.
Structure and content
In the Music Management (BA) bachelor's degree program, you will acquire broad knowledge in the areas of management, marketing, as well as business management and founding, and learn to apply this in a practical manner. In addition, you have numerous options to adapt your studies to your personal interests and career goals: You not only have the choice between different thematic focuses and elective modules. You also decide whether to complete your studies in six semesters or also complete an internship and graduate after seven semesters.
If you Hochschule Fresenius , you will gain deep insights into the work of the music industry and acquire the knowledge and skills that you need for a successful career. The course provides you with comprehensive skills in the following areas:
- Management in the music industry
- Business models and value creation in the music industry
- Management of companies and start-ups
- Digital marketing and social media communication
- Practical skills in corporate management
- Legal and social framework
- Application-oriented science methods
In the fourth and fifth semesters you have the opportunity to adapt your studies to your personal interests. You decide on two thematic focal points and can significantly deepen your skills in these. You can choose from two course-specific focal points: music production and artist management as well as music distribution. Alternatively, you have the option of choosing a focus from a course with related content.
In addition to choosing your thematic focus, you choose a compulsory elective module in the sixth semester. This gives you another opportunity to expand your know-how in a targeted manner. You can choose from the following modules:
- Case Studies in Economic Policy
- Emerging technology trends
- ERP systems in companies
- business computer science
- Commitment as an object of individual education
- Digital program and project management
A stay abroad is not compulsory for your music management degree. However, you will have numerous opportunities to spend time abroad: For example, you can spend a voluntary semester abroad at Berkeley College and Pace University in New York, at Shanghai University or at the University of Technology in Sydney as part of your thematic focus. You will be at the university for three months and can use the remaining time to do an internship, for example.
Sydney - University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
International Organizational Psychology and Consulting
New York - Berkeley College & Pace University
Major fields of study
- International Human Resource Management
- International Marketing Management
- International Finance & Accounting
Shanghai - Shanghai University
Major fields of study
- International Management
- Consumer, Market and Media Psychology
After successfully completing the Bachelor's degree in Music Management (BA), you will have the know-how you need for your career in the music industry. They understand the specifics of the music industry, can analyze problems, reflect critically and thus find concrete solutions. In addition, you can, among other things, plan the implementation of digital media concepts, use marketing concepts and identify and evaluate trends in the industry at an early stage. This opens up numerous promising perspectives in exciting areas and fields of activity. These include:
- Young executives, for example in production and collecting societies, in agencies, event and trade fair companies as well as in advertising and communication departments
- Working in the editorial area in the music industry, as a product or campaign manager at major and independent labels and sales companies
- Activity in media companies and their service providers in relation to social media, customer relationship management, talent training, trend and chart analysis as well as moving image production
- Consultant, self-employed or freelance work in the music industry