Bachelor of Science (Honours) Scheme in Biotechnology, Food Safety and Chemical Technology
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hung Hom, Hong Kong
HKD 145,000 / per year *
Earliest start date
* per academic year payable by two equal instalments before the start of the first and second semesters of the academic year
Aims & Learning Outcomes
The following programmes are offered under the above scheme:
- (1) Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Biology with Biotechnology
- (2) Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Chemical Technology
- (3) Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Food Safety and Technology
Programmes offered under this Scheme share some common subjects. There should be no fewer than 27 common credits in the first three semesters (excluding summer terms). Students are expected to have chosen a specific Major from the Scheme’s programmes by the end of semester 1 of Year 2.
After successfully completing the four-year programme, students are awarded a degree in their selected major programme.
Characteristics of Scheme-based Admission
- Students first follow a common curriculum under the Scheme to give them full flexibility in choosing a Major programme.
- This Scheme-based admission serves as an undeclared track. It offers students approximately a year to identify their area(s) of interest and career aspirations, which facilitates their Major programme selection.
- The decision to admit a student to a major will be made by the department based on the student’s choice, GPA, and/or interview result. Students will be asked to rank their major choices (from the most preferred one to the least) during semester 2 (probably before the final examination) of their Year One study for the department’s consideration and approval.