Bachelor in Computer Science
High Point University
High Point, USA
USD 35,118 / per year
Earliest start date
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science’s primary goal is to develop the aptitudes and analytical skills required for the use and understanding of computer science. The curriculum is designed to allow exceptional students to excel in their area of interest. The professors strive to guide the students in discovery and learning of new ideas, rather than just presenting carefully structured theories. Applications are used throughout to illustrate and motivate new material. Most topics are developed by means of the interplay between applications, problem solving and theory. Early courses are designed to appeal to a broad audience of university students, while higher-level courses are more focused.
- Member of MSDN Academic Alliance
- Member of Apple iOS Developer Program
- C, C++, and Objective C, and Java
- IDEs such as xCode and Eclipse
- Maya and RenderMan studio
- MySQL and Postgres
- Maple and Matlab
- Apache web server
- Several dual 8-core Xeon servers running Red Hat Enterprise
- HPC with over 5000 core processors including Nvidia Fermi and GTX Titan Mac Server (a base server for a Render Farm using RenderMan)
- iMac workstations running the latest Mac OS X
- Dell Alienware workstations with Nvidia graphics boards running Fedora Core
Why should I choose this major at HPU?
- In the age of technology, the demand for computer programmers continues to expand. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for students with a degree in computer science is growing faster than most degrees.
- At HPU, you have the option of earning either a B.S. or a B.A. in computer science. This allows you to focus on the courses that will be most beneficial for your desired job after graduation.
- We are committed to incorporating the latest trends in technology into our curriculum. You will have access to the top software available.
- Our students invent and design new approaches to computing technology and find innovative uses for existing technology.
- Computer scientists are likely to enjoy excellent job prospects because many companies report difficulties finding these highly skilled workers.
What can I do with this major?
Students with degrees in computer science currently have careers as:
- App Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Data Scientist
- Security Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Application Engineer
- Computer and Information Research Scientist
- Information Technology
- Network Administrator
- Credit Analyst
Median pay for computer science majors:
15% faster growth than the average for all occupations.
The Department of Math and Computer Science offers both B.A. and B.S. degrees in Computer Science. To graduate from High Point University with these degrees, students must complete the following:
B.A. in Computer Science
|University Core Requirements
B.S. in Computer Science
|University Core Requirements
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.