BA (Hons) in Fashion Branding and Promotion
Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Academic City, United Arab Emirates
3 - 4 years
AED 65,100 / per year *
Earliest start date
* all tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Fashion Branding and Promotion is a new programme for 2021, a combination of fashion communication, fashion marketing, branding and management. Students develop skills to establish careers in the areas of branding, promotion and advertising, styling and marketing. The programme offers a combination of courses that enable strong design and analytical skills specifically tailored for the demands of the fashion industry:
- A brand new programme developed to meet the fashion industry’s need for professionals who have a full understanding of the commercial aspects of the sector as well as creative design skills.
- Underpinned by hard skills of photography, 3D design, developing branding strategies and marketing plans.
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry on live projects with high-end industry brands.
- Excellent facilities including maker labs, photography studio, design suite and fashion and textiles workshops.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Focuses on the initial design and marketing skills, preparing the student with the fundamentals of skills such as photography, design thinking, and introductions to branding and marketing strategy.
The second-year builds upon these fundamentals by introducing specialist topics such as Consumer Behaviours, and Advertising. This is supplemented with creative courses in digital film/media, typography and graphics.
Students develop critical reflection and analysis skills and work on projects in Fashion Styling, Enterprise and Innovation, Events Management and Visual Merchandising.
The focus of the honours year is a research project chosen by the student. Many final year students collaborate with industry partners to solve a real-world problem or examine a topical industry development.