Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management
4 - 6 years
USD 32,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* tuition 2023-24
Become a Leader in the Sports Industry
As one of our most popular majors offered within our C.H. Sandage School of Business, Graceland’s sport management program will prepare you for an exciting career in the sports industry. Whether you’re looking to focus directly on sports management or are curious about sports administration or even sports marketing, our classes and curriculum, hands-on learning, and internship opportunities will set you up for success both on and off the field.
Access to Incredible Facilities and Technology
Graceland’s sport management majors have the ability to gain experience in an advanced environment.
Get On-Site Training in Your Field
An internship is the perfect opportunity to get hands-on experience and network within the industry. Thanks to Graceland’s perfect location between Des Moines and Kansas City, you’ll have access to many different internship opportunities with different professional sports organizations, events, and venues such as the:
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Kansas City Royals
- Sporting KC
- Iowa Cubs
- Des Moines Menace
- Missouri Mavericks
- Newton Iowa Speedway
- Hy-Vee Triathlon
- Principal Charity Classic
Our sport management major is more than just talking about the big game. At Graceland, you’ll learn the solid business fundamentals of economics, marketing, and management along with coursework around the legal and ethical issues in sports, the psychology of sports, and communications.
In addition to the general education requirements, majors in Sport Management must complete a concentration of 36 hours in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, and Sport Management including:
- ACCT2310 Financial Accounting – 3
- BUAD3310 Principles of Sales – 3
- BUAD3320 Principles of Management – 3
- ECON3220 Economics of Sports – 3
- PHED/PSYC3130 Sport Psychology – 3
- SPMT1200 Introduction to Sport Management – 3
- SPMT2300 Legal & Ethical Issues in Sport – 3
- SPMT3300 Sports Marketing – 3
- SPMT3410 Sports Facility and Event Management – 3
- SOCI/SPMT4100 Social Issues in Sport – 3
- SPMT4500 Seminar in Sport Management – 3
- SPMT4700 Internship in Sport Management – 3
Courses Required for General Education
- ECON1320 Principles of Microeconomics – 3
- MATH1280 College Algebra – 3
- MATH1370 Statistics for Sciences – 3
Recommended in addition to required courses for Sport Management:
- Additional internship hours beyond the required 3 hours are strongly recommended.
Graceland students regularly enjoy successful careers in sport management. Our graduates are working in most of the national professional sports leagues in a variety or roles from ticket sales to operations.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.