Bachelor of Arts in Digital Content Creation Graceland University
At the Forefront of Modern Digital Marketing
As a digital content creator, you can be at the forefront of modern digital marketing. The digital media landscape is rapidly and constantly changing. As a professional content creator, you will need more than just the ability to produce a single type of content; you will have to understand the how and why of using a variety of media platforms together and then having the skills to produce compelling content across the entire range of digital media ranging from video and podcasts to social media, email, and websites.
A degree in digital content creation can open the door to a variety of career opportunities in marketing and communications such as digital content creator, social media manager, digital marketing specialist, video editor, graphic designer, and more. Furthermore, the field is not restricted to a particular location, and one can often work remotely as well.
- Students in this program receive hands-on internship and work-study opportunities through the university Marketing department and Integrated Student Media Center.
- Students will be exposed to audience-centered and future-oriented design principles
- Classroom work and discussions are connected to real-world contexts in both the social and business arenas.
- Integrated into the coursework, students will further develop their own digital citizenship through creative, imaginative, and ethical thinking and storytelling that helps address social problems and opportunities.
"Since the pandemic hit, the number one demand I have for my companies is people that can take the concept of the business and tell a story about it. Produce a video, do really rich photography, and build out 59 seconds, 39-second, 29-second videos, and 14-second videos, to plaster all over social media to sell products direct to customers."
Kevin O'Leary, Businessman, Entrepreneur, and Television Personality
The Digital Content Creation major requires 37-39 hours of coursework as outlined below.
- ARTS1210: Making and Meaning – 3
- ARTS1680: Graphic Design 1 – 3
- ARTS1710: Graphic Design 2 – 3
- ARTS3220: Photography – 3
- COMM2220: Communication and Advocacy – 3
- COMM2500: Introduction to Mass Media – 3
- COMM3500: Digital Discourses in Media – 3
- ENGL2510 Introduction to Film – 3
- ENGL3320: Creative Writing: Nonfiction – 3
- ENGL3480: Cultural Studies – 3
- ENGL3530: Digital Filmmaking – 3
- Capstone Course/Practicum – 3: ARTS4700: Senior Exhibition or BUAD3210: Social Media Marketing or COMM4150: Senior Seminar or ENGL4150/60: Thesis Hours I and Thesis Hours II
Students will complete an Internship in addition to a Senior Project, and they should sign up for:
- COMM4300 Internship in Communication or ENGL4300 Internship in English – 1-3
A Digital Content Creation major from Graceland University can help to prepare you for these careers:
- Film and video editor
- Broadcast, sound, and video technician
- Camera operator
- and many other exciting fields.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.