Bachelor of Arts in Accounting Graceland University
Financials, Numbers, Analysis, and More
An Accounting major from Graceland provides students with the skills necessary for a successful career in many different financial fields. Students are able to learn in a collaborative environment where they practice teamwork and communication skills, which are critical for success in many different areas. Students find themselves well-prepared to sit for CPA and CMA exams and are well-equipped for success as accountants in public, private, or governmental agencies.
Accounting students receive experiential learning through student leadership, internships, and networking with professionals in the industry, paired with coursework that integrates data-driven analysis and decision-making throughout the curriculum. Students develop an accounting skillset grounded in Graceland’s liberal arts education, creating well-rounded professionals who are able to think critically about issues they face.
- Students have opportunities for experiential learning and internships with seasoned industry professionals
- Graceland’s essential education encourages critical thinking and well-balanced learning that contributes to creative problem solving
- Broad learning allows students to explore a wide range of financial and accounting professions
In addition to the general education requirements, majors in Accounting must complete a concentration of 36 semester hours in Accounting and Economics including:
- ACCT2310 Financial Accounting – 3
- ACCT2320 Managerial Accounting – 3
- ACCT3220 Agricultural Accounting and Taxation – 3
- ACCT3310 Tax Accounting – 3
- ACCT3360 Intermediate Accounting I – 3
- ACCT3400 Cost Accounting for Managerial Control and Strategic Planning – 3
- ACCT3460 Intermediate Accounting II – 3
- ACCT3900A Contemporary Strategic Topics in Accounting including Mergers and Acquisitions – 3
- ACCT4100 Auditing Concepts and Applications: A Risk Analysis Approach – 3
- ACCT4120 Internship in Accounting – 3
- ACCT4200 Seminar in Accounting – 3
- ECON2100 Introductory Economic Data Analysis – 3
Courses Required for General Education:
- ECON1320 Principles of Microeconomics – 3
- MATH1280 College Algebra – 3
- MATH1370 Statistics for Sciences – 3
Students planning to sit for the CPA Exam will need additional hours. Accounting majors are encouraged to also complete the Business Management major.
Other Recommendations: Leadership Academy Certificate
An accounting major from Graceland University can help to prepare you for these careers:
- Business analyst
- Certified public accountant
- Chief financial officer
- Forensic accountant
- Government Accounting
- Tax accountant
- and many other exciting fields.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.