BSc Computer Science
Gisma University of Applied Sciences
EUR 9,600 / per year *
Earliest start date
* EU fee: €9,600/ Year; International fee: €13,125 / Year. Up to 33% discount available
*degree program in the process of being fully state-recognized.
Our full-time bachelor's degree program in Computer Science will provide you with the necessary knowledge to understand and build computer-based systems, for the next generation of technological development. The contents range from basic computer concepts and algorithmic thinking, systems design, problem-solving, artificial intelligence, and simulation to computer and data security. The program provides knowledge and skills to pursue a professional career in a wide variety of computer science fields.
As a graduate of BSc Computer Science you won’t just be in demand from IT and tech companies, but also from many employers in complementary fields: manufacturing, finance, consulting, public service, or creative industries.
Potsdam, your next study destination
As a student at Gisma University of Applied Sciences, you will be based at our flagship Potsdam Campus. This ultra-high-tech campus is home to all of our University of Applied Sciences students, either in person or virtually. Our classrooms feature the hybrid-flexible system, meaning regardless of where our students are in the world, they connect in real time and benefit from seamless peer-to-peer learning. The campus is in great company, with neighbors such as SAP right across the road.
Potsdam is the picturesque capital city of the state of Brandenburg. It is known for technological innovation, economic growth, a unique culture, and a high standard of living. It is a world heritage site, with the backdrop of outstanding nature. The city also benefits from being the twin city of Berlin, the German capital. The two cities share a border, and the journey from Potsdam Main Station takes just 20-30 minutes to be in the center of Berlin, where you can find an extensive cultural, retail, and nightlife scene.
- AMBA accredited: 2% of educational institutions worldwide hold this accreditation, which was awarded for our global MBA. A sign of excellence in education
- 88% of Gisma students secured a job before graduation by utilizing our dedicated career services and strong industry connections.
- Alumni Success: An astonishing 77% enjoy a salary ranging from €55k to €60k
- SAP partnership advantage: Gain a competitive edge through Gisma's partnership with software giant SAP. Access cutting-edge tools, resources, and internship opportunities, boosting your job prospects and positioning you for success in the digital economy.
- The most international university: 90+ nationalities of students, alumni, and staff represented. Expand your network
- Excellent student services such as a dedicated Career Centre, visa support and accommodation team
- Graduates will be entitled to apply for an 18-month post-study residence permit to take advantage of career opportunities in Germany
- Over 25 corporate partners we work closely with such as Zalando, Amazon, Siemens
- Over 20 years of teaching and inspiring students to reach lifelong goals
- Savings, incentives, and flexible payment plans available
- Free beginner German classes
- Programs taught 100% in English - the language of international communication
- Germany has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe
- One of the best Graduate starting salaries in Europe, with a growing economy
- Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education, and you can experience this with Gisma
- Germany ranks in the top five countries in the world by the number of international students
- Berlin, Germany’s Capital is the largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
Scholarships and Funding
- Up to 33% discount available
Regional discounts are available for CIS, MENA and LATAM, and SEA regions. Please contact us for more information.
How you will study
Gisma University of Applied Sciences supports flexible and individual learning by applying a systematic hybrid learning scheme.
You will spend part of your lectures in class at our Potsdam campus. These face-to-face phases are complemented by e-learning sessions. You will work on cases, reflect on readings, take part in online discussions, and participate in group exercises and projects. This variety of learning methods is part of our unique teaching strategy, which includes student-centered pedagogy, project-based learning, collaborative learning, and personalised coaching.
The full-time bachelor's degree program comprises a standard period of study of six semesters. The curriculum includes a “mobility window” in the 5th semester: a semester reserved for you to study abroad or undertake further modules with an applied focus as part of career development.
For the bachelor's programs, the total student workload for the courses is 180 ECTS credits.
Subject Specific Competencies
- Introduction to Programming
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Databases & Big Data
- Computer Science Lab
- Advanced Programming
- Software Engineering
- App & Web Development
- Computer Networks
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Applied Statistical Modelling
- Operating Systems
- Cyber Security
General Business Competencies
- Digital Transformation and Cases
- Sustainability Management
- Project Management
- Innovation Management in a Digital and Globalised World
Action and Intercultural Competencies
- Creative Problem Solving and Strategy Development
- Foreign Language
- Study Abroad or Career Development Semester*
Scientific and Methods Competencies
- Mathematical Foundations
- Academic Writing and Research Methods
- Bachelor Thesis
Career Development Semester
- End-to-End Computer Science Project
- Data-Driven Business Models
- Business Start-up Simulation
- AI Applications for Digital Business
Accreditations and rankings
Gisma University of Applied Sciences is a state-recognized University of Applied Sciences that also benefits from AMBA accreditation, an honor shared by only six business schools in Germany and 2% of all business schools worldwide. The prestigious AMBA accreditation represents innovation and excellence in education, which is core to our values at Gisma.
What you will learn
Our BSc Computer Science degree program is a dynamic and diverse program that covers many key areas of this expansive field, from artificial intelligence and machine learning to advanced programming and app development, that you will need to graduate with the knowledge, skills, and practical experience to launch your career in the field.