Bachelor in Sport, Physical Education
Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport
EUR 2,700 / per year **
31 Aug 2024*
Earliest start date
* admission will start March 15th and finish August 30th
** admission fee: 18 euros
Why Study Physical Education at GUPES
- University of Physical Education and Sport (GUPES) is the only sports university in Pomerania where theoretical and practical classes are conducted by both recognized scientists and highly qualified specialists in the areas relevant to individual fields of study, as well as coaches of Olympic and national teams and outstanding athletes.
- GUPES is one of the best sports universities in Central and Eastern Europe according to the Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. In the Perspektywy magazine ranking for 2019, GUPES placed 2nd among all sports universities in Poland.
- Studies in the field of Physical Education focus on matters related to human motor skills. Students learn the interdisciplinary approach to issues in the field of physical culture and the specificity of individual sports disciplines; moreover, they learn a wide range of exercises and methodological skills.
- Our strength is the research and teaching staff which includes scientists conducting research and publishing results in highly scored peer-reviewed international journals, as well as coaches of Olympic and national teams and outstanding athletes conducting practical classes.
- Our specialist facilities are among the very best anywhere in Poland. Located on the picturesque Gdansk Oliwa we have purpose-built teaching and research laboratories for sport and exercise physiology, biomechanics, health and performance psychology, and qualitative research. We have 5 outdoor sports fields, 13 gyms, 2 sports halls, 1 swimming pool, 5 laboratories.
The didactic offer of the Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport is modern, wide, and varied. As part of the field of study, a student may choose a specialization from a wide range of specializations designed to meet the needs of the labor market and supplement it with other specializations offered by the university:
- Management in sport
- Instructor specialization in a selected sport discipline
- Training Instructor
- Motor preparation instructor
- Sports analyst
- Physical recreation instructor – corrective and compensatory gymnastics
- Sports communication and journalism
- Sports club management
- Business models in sports
- Instructor of mental training in sport
- Traumatology in sport
- Biological regeneration in sport
- Sport and dynamic shooting instructor
* Specializations are launched for a minimum number of students.
- Second-cycle studies in Physical Education, second-cycle studies in Sport
- Professional title of licencjat (Bachelor of Arts) – pedagogical preparation in the field of physical education;
- Preparation for work in the field of corrective and compensatory gymnastics;
- Qualifications of a camp tutor;
- Knowledge regarding the promotion of health and physical activity;
- Qualifications resulting from the selected specialization.