Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
USD 19,070 / per semester
Earliest start date
Drive the Future of Technology Design and Delivery with a Software Engineering Degree from Gannon University
Software engineers are changing the way we interact with the world through coding, robotics, and innovative systems. Build a career in this expanding field in a recognized program of excellence.
This program is accredited under the Program Criteria for Software Engineering Accreditation Commission(s) of ABET, under the Program Criteria for Software and Similarly Named Engineering Programs Criteria.
- Recent program graduates have a 100-percent placement rate in either related employment or graduate studies.
- Earn a degree that is nationally accredited.
- Apply your creativity in design thinking and innovation within laboratories through project-based approaches.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key software engineering courses including:
- The User Experience: Identify and assess usability issues as they apply to systems, UX goals, and processes.
- Mobile Application Development I and II: Learn methods and tools for developing mobile applications for integrated devices, including coding and development on the major mobile platforms, unit testing, source code control, and the development of prototype applications.
- Software Maintenance and Deployment: Learn processes, metrics, and quality related to the development, improvement, and deployment of high-quality software and systems through project work to deploy a refactored software product.
Learn to Lead the Way in Software Engineering
- Develop expertise in the project planning, requirements, design, testing, and quality assurance needed for effective software development.
- Develop coding mastery in multiple programming languages and platforms.
- Use your foundation in algorithms, database, web, and mobile development to create opportunities for cross-and multi-disciplinary project work.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Follow legal and ethical computing principles to analyze computing solutions for ethical ramifications such as global, cultural, social, environmental, or economic concerns.
- Function and communicate effectively as a collaborative member or leader in a professional context.
- Demonstrate an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge or technology as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Apply problem identification & problem-solving strategies to the development of complex computer-based systems.
- Realize and manage high-quality software development lifecycle processes.
- Apply discrete mathematics, computer science, and engineering principles to systems development.
- Demonstrate an ability to design, implement and analyze testing and other experimental measures to assess the quality of software and computing systems.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Our software engineering program is designed for your success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational opportunities, you can:
- Secure valuable internships and employment at top organizations such as Bayer Corp., Citizens Bank, Erie Insurance, Wabtec Corp., UPMC Hamot, Lockheed Martin, Siemens, and Progressive Insurance.
- Develop analytical ability and expertise in software creation and usage, both of which are necessary in the fields of science, technology, and industry.
- Enter a field with one of the highest job satisfaction ratings and is expected to be one of the fastest-growing occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.