Bachelor of Science in Risk Management and Insurance
USD 17,975 / per semester
Earliest start date
Secure Your Career Potential with Expertise in Risk Management and Insurance from Gannon University
New technologies and methods have made the field of risk management one of the most dynamic in business. Gannon’s risk management and insurance concentration prepares you to be a part of this expanding career field through internships, service-learning projects, and an interactive and rigorous curriculum that emphasizes current and future risk management trends. When you graduate, you’ll be well prepared to take on issues of risk in the modern business arena as a career professional and leader.
- Collaborate with local and regional organizations on internship and service learning opportunities.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Increase your career marketability through complementary industrial safety courses or the cybersecurity minor option.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key risk management and insurance courses including:
- Commercial Insurance: Learn to design commercial insurance plans for different types of companies.
- Enterprise Risk Management: Understand how to manage company risk holistically and conduct enterprise risk management analysis for companies.
- Industrial Safety: Explore practical approaches to managing risk to people and property in industrial workplaces and enhance critical thinking and communications skills through case studies and project planning exercises.
Learn to Lead the Way in Risk Management and Insurance
- Projects and courses help you understand the principles and mechanics of insurance, financial planning, employee benefits, and risk management, as well as mitigating business risk.
- Conduct enterprise risk management assessments and develop business continuity plans.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students evaluate and integrate core knowledge across the breadth of functional business areas to solve problems and capture opportunities.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students apply leadership and team-building skills to develop strategies, manage resources and achieve goals.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize the importance of ethical issues, integrity, inclusiveness, and social responsibility in real-world business behavior.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students identify, analyze, evaluate, and solve business problems using both discipline-specific and cross-functional integrative thinking.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students utilize written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize global business concepts and practices that present opportunities and challenges in an environment of diversity and multiculturalism.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students demonstrate concentration knowledge and appropriate application of the business concepts, opportunities, and practices in their respective business majors.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education that enables success in the rigors of graduate school or a future profession. Through an array of program opportunities, you can:
- Secure meaningful internship or career opportunities through a program that has strong ties in the local industry.
- Join program graduates who have secured successful careers as insurance underwriters, risk managers, insurance agents, and more.
- Earn a median annual salary that has the potential to range up to $150,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.