Bachelor of Science in Advertising Communication
USD 17,975 / per semester
Earliest start date
Channel Your Creativity into a Rewarding Career with an Advertising Communication Degree from Gannon University
The art of advertising has been a part of the selling process for as long as people and organizations have exchanged desired products and services. In our globally connected marketplace today, the demand for advertising experts who can meet consumer needs is ever-increasing. Gannon’s advertising communication program will lead you to master the principles of advertising and marketing to make your own mark organizations large or small, for-profit or nonprofit, local or international.
- Polish your craft in the heart of Erie’s vibrant and growing online marketing community.
- Increase your professional marketability through service-learning projects, internships, and hands-on coursework.
- Learn from faculty who have had successful careers in the disciplines they teach.
Inspire your academic success
Gain real-world knowledge through key advertising communication courses including:
- Fundamentals of Advertising: Gain a strong foundation in the building blocks of the business: creativity, integrated marketing communication, agency structure, and media options.
- Principles of Public Relations: An exciting career as a public relations professional starts with this course, which will give you a foundation in public relations strategies and communication tools.
- Integrated Marketing Campaign Development: Student teams collaborate as an in-class agency to compete and win the account of an actual local nonprofit organization with the guidance of a local advertising professional.
Learn to Lead the Way in Advertising Communication
- Master the integrated marketing communication model that combines the promotional mix of advertising, public relations, direct marketing, sales promotion, and Internet and social media.
- Tailor your coursework for the type of marketing career you want to pursue.
- Gain the promotional tools needed to ensure the knowledge and skills necessary for career success through class and project work.
Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will be able to thoroughly research and write an extended-form analytical paper.
- The student will be able to research, write, and deliver a sustained-form business presentation using appropriate rhetorical strategies and technology.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of and participation in the patterns of scholarly and productive discussion using both interpersonal and professional skills.
- The student will design, organize, rehearse, and perform dramatic/or non-dramatic script material.
- The student will be able to identify and participate in the pre-production, production and post-production processes of theatre and digital media.
- The student will identify and critically describe the historical context of the media and/or the theatre
- The student will recognize the need for adaptability/resilience in the theatre and the electronic arts, and be able to collaborate with faculty, peers, and technology to produce quality theatrical and digital projects.
- The student will recognize the relationship between the work of the School of Communication and the Arts programs and the mission of Gannon University.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Our advertising communication program is designed for your success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational opportunities, you can:
- Build a portfolio of work that potential employers want to see beginning in your first year - a great advantage when you look for your first job.
- Secure an in-demand career with client- and agency-side marketing, public relations, and advertising organizations, with the government, or in the nonprofit sector.
- Earn an average starting salary of $40,000 or a mid-career salary of $79,400, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.