Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Communication Gannon University
Write, Produce, Perform: Communicate Ideas Across The World With A Digital Media Communication Degree From Gannon University
Anywhere there is a screen, our students can produce content for it. The synergy of Gannon University’s digital media communication program offers you an exciting, multifaceted experience in message making, content creation, and storytelling. Pursue your passions in visual and aural communication and meet the increasing demand for digital media artists.
- Access broad internship opportunities close to campus.
- Gain the knowledge needed to become more marketable in many new media fields and beyond.
- Learn from faculty experts who are professionals in their fields.
Learn to Lead the Way in Digital Media Communication
- Work independently and collaboratively to create and communicate powerful ideas, astounding audio, and unique visual components.
- Write scripts and sharpen skills as an effective storyteller.
- Gain proficiency in video, audio, and graphic production and design.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Interact across disciplines to learn production, public relations, advertising, journalism, theatre design, performance, and other essential career skills.
- Access a digital production studio, editing suites, and graphics lab equipped with the latest in Adobe Creative Suite Software.
- Learn broadcasting and streaming in our award-winning radio station, WERG 90.5 FM.
- Partner with local radio and television stations, including NBC News.
|Receive hands-on learning through real-world courses, projects, and valuable internship experiences that prepare you to become a professional in the field.||Enjoy a personalized experience inspired by Gannon’s faculty experts and a low student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1.||Apply for generous financial aid packages and scholarship awards.|
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key courses including:
- Presentational Strategies: Share a weekly on-air shift on our award-winning radio station, be an on-camera street reporter, and launch your website with five presentational performances.
- TV Production: Explore the world of image acquisition, learn camera angles and movement, and gain vital skills in using audio and music in video production.
- Corporate Video Production: Learn what is needed to take your camera out into the world, edit a colorful montage to music, and build your video portfolio website.
- Digital Graphics: Play with Photoshop pixels, design posters using only letters, create a totem pole with your friends' faces, and design, light and photograph a food campaign for your website.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Gannon’s digital media communication program will help you build a diverse and impressive portfolio to prepare you for your career. Through an array of exciting opportunities you can:
- Produce for large corporations and small companies with screen media outlets, traditional production, and new media message making.
- Obtain internships within walking distance in downtown Erie, including arts organizations, Erie City and County government offices, sports organizations, non-profits, Erie Insurance, local hospitals, and more.
- Collaborate with local broadcast television and radio stations to gain real-world experience.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.