Bachelor in Logistics Management
Fontys University of Applied Sciences
EUR 9,250 / per year **
01 Jun 2024*
Earliest start date
* without option on accommodation: 1 August for EU/EEA students
** EU/EEA students €1,265 year 1, €2,530* years 2, 3 and 4; non-EU/EEA students €9,250* per year. *Tuition fees will increase with about 7% annually
Jeans, mobile phones, cars, groceries; behind every product there is a challenging supply chain. Smart warehousing is a guarantee for high customer service. Intelligent production processes lead to cost savings. Quick transport through air, rail, road or shipping ensures that your products arrive on demand. Smart logistics is what makes the region of Venlo logistics hotspot No. 1 in Europe. As a European top sector, logistics ensures an ever-growing demand for highly qualified employees.
What do we expect from you
As a logistics manager you are interested in how things are organised and you like to lead teams. You can easily overview processes and you like to (re)organise them. You like to make decisions, mostly based upon figures. Working in a (project) team motivates you, but you also can work independently. Choosing for a logistics study we expect you to be highly motivated and eager to excel in your personal competencies. Besides your scheduled lessons, self-study is the precondition for successful study progress. Finally enjoying what you do is what makes your study a success.
Why Logistics at Fontys Venlo?
- Venlo is one of the major logistical hotspots in the Netherlands and Europe. Within the region, an ever-growing demand exists for highly qualified logistics employees.
- Local government invests in and facilitates the logistics sector.
- We have over 30 years of experience – leading to a network of more than 3000 alumni regional and international!
- Outstanding contacts to companies: very good career and internship opportunities!
- Head office of European Logistics Club (ELC) and Logistics Knowledge Centre NL located in Venlo.
- Strategic partnerships (Logistics Management, Logistics Engineering) with partners in Denmark, Finland and Germany: the chance to get to know 3 countries within the study programme.
- Within a one hour drive 30 million consumers in reach (many global players).
Contentof the programme
After 1,5 years of basic logistics studies, you can specialise in either Logistics and Economics (L&E) or Logistics Engineering (LE). With L&E you choose for the managerial side of logistics. You are in charge of generating important information to control and improve your business performance. Meeting customer delivery agreements and setting up collaborations with suppliers belongs to your tasks. Besides being taught in logistics, you’ll deal with business economics, statistics and management skills which prepare you for your future employment. Thus within the study programme L&E you’ll learn how to be fully able to expedite the development of new business opportunities.
What to expect from us
The programme is a well-balanced mix of lectures and practice-based project work. Field visits and two half-year internships will provide insights into the real-life work environment. We have excellent relations with the logistics industry at both national and international levels, so of course, we can advise and help you with this. A personal mentor will support you in reaching your goals. Lectures are given in small classes. The teacher’s ‘open door policy’ underlines the open atmosphere which characterises the way we are working together.