Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering European University Cyprus
Through a combination of courses from both fields, the BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering offers students a sound preparation for their role in designing, installing and maintaining electrical and electronic systems. Students are offered the possibility to specialize in a specific sector such as the production and distribution of energy focusing on renewable energy sources, electrical installations, design and maintenance of communication systems, electrical circuits, electronic systems and control boards.
Recognition by ETEK
The European University Cyprus “Electrical and Electronic Engineering” course is recognized by the Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK).
Objectives & Outcomes
- Development of student’s capacity to think, write and speak effectively and creatively
- Development and appreciation of and respect for social, moral, and ethical values as the foundation of one’s relationship to others and one’s responsibilities to the community
- Development of student’s analytical, decision-making and communication competencies together with those qualities of self reliance, responsibility, integrity and self-awareness which will promote personal achievement and contribution to organizations
- Building breadth of perspective through the general education requirements and provide sufficient specialization to meet basic professional and career requirements
- Provision of the necessary requirements for academic and/or career advancement.
- Preparation of students for a lifetime career in Electrical and Electronic Engineering by establishing a foundation for life-long learning and development
- Provision of a strong foundation in Engineering in general and Electrical and Electronic Engineering in particular
- Preparation of students for careers in the industry, government and various institutions
- Ability to target and troubleshoot engineering problems and to identify the requirements necessary for the solution
- Ability to design and conduct experiments for problem solving and to interpret obtained experimental data
- Ability to evaluate alternate approaches, procedures and tradeoffs in conjunction with engineering problems
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate a system or process to meet specific requirements
- Ability to conduct leadership and to work in teams with effective communication. Understanding of the various roles in a team and the contribution to accomplish a task
- Provision of communication knowledge and skills both written and oral to document work in reports and present results
- Understanding of the global need to engage in continuous technological development
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Recognise essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Address a significant problem in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and deploy an appropriate selection of tools and techniques, as well as a disciplined approach, in arriving at a solution of the problem. This is achieved through the project work of the course
- Deploy oral and writing skills in a variety of contexts - both inside and outside of Electrical and Electronic Engineering courses
- Appreciate the importance of practicing as professionals and having the breadth and depth of knowledge expected of a practicing engineer
- Recognise the important relationship between theory and practice through their exposure to the laboratory part of the course
- Appreciate the relevant professional, ethical and legal issues related to the work of an Electrical and Electronic Engineer
- Appreciate the importance of team activity and the strengths that can be derived from this.
Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering, Control Engineering, Hardware Support, Maintenance Engineering, Network Engineering, Communications Engineering, Teaching.