Ask any of our students why they chose Daytona State College, and they’ll tell you about our top-ranked programs and degrees, quality faculty and staff who care, abundant academic support, a smooth transition to the universities, our 12 outstanding bachelor’s degree programs, as well as fun activities on campus.
As a student in one of Florida’s highest ranked and fastest growing state colleges, you’ll find a rich collegiate experience that’s centered on you. Research shows that students who engage in dynamic college experiences tend to be more successful, and your Daytona State education will go well beyond your coursework.
Through our many student clubs and activities, you can develop your talents and explore new passions while creating unique opportunities for friendship, learning and leadership. Immerse yourself in a wide range of cultural programs, including art exhibits, plays, and musical performances. The Southeast Museum of Photography, located on campus, is among America’s premier museums devoted entirely to photography.
At the center of campus, you’ll discover the magnificent Student Center and its amenities, student life opportunities and academic support services. Study and support areas include the Library, Writing Center, computer lab and the Academic Support Center. After all that studying, take a break, relax and have some fun in the brand new on-campus residence hall, gym, indoor pool and fitness center.
In addition to our high-quality academic programs and fun activities to do on campus, you’ll also be close to Central Florida attractions, beautiful beaches, and state parks with miles of trails, just to name a few. The Daytona Beach area is a great place to be, with an outstanding year-round climate, great central location and plenty to see and do.
Bottom line, students choose Daytona State because it’s a smart choice and offers the full college experience!
Daytona State College is the premier source for education and training to facilitate individual advancement and economic development in Volusia and Flagler counties.
Daytona State College, a comprehensive public college, provides access to a range of flexible programs from community enrichment to the baccalaureate degree, emphasizing student success, embracing excellence and diversity, as well as fostering innovation to enhance teaching and learning.
- Community. The Daytona State College community encompasses our students, faculty, staff and the public we serve. Our community is built upon mutual respect, effective and open communication, and civic responsibility.
- Integrity. Daytona State strives for the highest ethical standards in all areas of operation, including the fair and consistent treatment of all members of the Daytona State community. The college fully supports academic freedom and the right of intellectual pursuit.
- Excellence. To achieve academic excellence, professionalism, and quality in all the programs and services we offer, Daytona State employs a system of continuous improvement based on assessment, accountability and engagement with the entire community.
- Diversity. Diversity of people, thought and expression provides energy and vitality for the learning process. Daytona State celebrates both the originality and distinction of individuals and cultures, while at the same time valuing the common bonds that unite us as a global community.
- Innovation. Innovation and creativity are the keys to our growth as an institution, as well as the growth and success of our students. Daytona State prides itself on its ability to adapt to a rapidly changing world, finding positive and creative solutions to the challenges it faces.
- Student Success. There is no value more important than the success of our students. Our main goal is to provide students with the skills, knowledge and drive to succeed in the classroom, the workplace and in life. Beyond this success, we hope to instill in our students a lifelong love of learning.
- Ensure Academic Excellence. Offer quality educational programs that meet the academic and non-academic workforce needs of Volusia and Flagler counties and beyond.
- Enhance Student Success. Increase student development and academic support to enhance student performance, engagement and retention.
- Build Community Partnerships. Expand and create partnerships with business, community and educational organizations that enhance the College mission and vision.
- Emphasize Institutional Effectiveness. Ensure efficient and effective use of college resources (fiscal, physical, human and technological).