Degree in Journalism
CEU Abat Oliba Universitat
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
New international experience itinerary that encourages students of the Journalism degree to internationalize from the first year to the fourth year.
- Students will be able to live an experience of online interaction and research with universities from Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- We explore global communication through short stays PROGRESSIVE INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT - JOURNALISM in Germany and England. We offer an experience at the European Parliament in Brussels or at UNESCO in Geneva to learn about the communication of supranational institutions.
- We prepare students for the international market with the Communication Lab Experience, an extraordinary stay at one of the collaborating universities in Canada and the USA (Centennial College - Toronto, Canada; Manhattan College - New York, USA; Catholic University of America - Washington, USA).
- We broaden horizons through the Erasmus program or other agreements, or semester stays at one of our partner universities distributed on all continents, with the possibility of work experiences in America (Manhattan College, IONA College).
Have an interest in social communication, current affairs and the functioning of the media and its management. Also ease of expressing oneself orally and in writing; with analytical, synthesis and relationship skills with the group.
The student must have an interest in social communication, current affairs, as well as the functioning of the media and its management.
You must also be able to express yourself orally and in writing, to analyze and diagnose problems and propose solutions; They must have analytical, synthesis and relationship skills with the group, ease of understanding and abstraction, sociability, a broad vision of the world and perspective on its possible evolution.
Knowledge of another language (preferably English), as well as having communication skills, is also of interest and necessity.
Scholarships and Funding
Aid for Undergraduate Studies
For more than 80 years, the CEU group has been working for the university education of young people. It is the Spanish private educational institution that invests the most money in scholarships and aid. It voluntarily assumes the challenge that none of its students, with sufficient capacity and motivation, stop pursuing a university degree for economic reasons.
Abat Oliba CEU University is committed to a culture of effort and improvement. We believe in the value of giving opportunities to everyone who has a goal and strives to achieve it.
We offer all our students the possibility of requesting study aid based on their academic merits, and personal and economic circumstances, through the Study Aid Program (PAE) for undergraduate studies or the Master's Study Aid Program ( PAEM) for students of official master's degrees and specialization programs, based on discounts and public and private aid.
We also have awards and scholarships that are funded by our resources and contributions from collaborating institutions.
- Information and Society
- Communication 1
- Language for Communicators 1 (Spanish)
- Communication 2
- Language for Communicators 2 (Catalan)
- Journalism Lab: Comprehensive Editorials
- Public opinion
- Literature and Journalism
- Legal-Political Systems and Institutions
- Informative Radio
- Journalistic Editorial 1
- Graphic design
- Economic Environment
- Journalistic Writing 2
- Rhetoric: the Word and the Voice
- Visual Communication: Television and Immersive Technologies
- History of Journalism
- Institutional and Corporate Communication
- Persuasive Communication
- Technological Innovations in Journalism
- Radio Magazine. Podcast
- Journalism and Social Doctrine
- Journalistic genres
- Newsroom Dynamics
- Television Journalism
- Media System Analysis
- Active Journalism: Aula News
- English for Journalists
- Cinema and Visual Culture
- Information Right
- Specialized Journalism 1
- Ethics and Journalistic Deontology
- Multimedia Storytelling
- Company Media Lab
- Specialized Journalism 2
- Event Communication
- Communication Directorate
- Social Media Strategies and Metrics
- Final Degree Project (Optional English)
- Digital media entrepreneur
- Television presenter
- News, magazines, and contests
- Radio magazine presenter
- Radio-TV news director
- Newsletter writer
- Mobile units -The connection-
- Director, news editor
- Reporter, correspondent
- Investigative journalist,
- multimedia, humanitarian (NGO),
- Political, sports, religious
- Video Editor
- Content curator
- Institutional press offices,f
- From private corporations
- News agencies
- Communication consultant
Program Tuition Fee
The degree in Journalism includes the new certificate in Data Journalism and Social Media (24 ECTS in face-to-face format). Big data has brought about a disruptive revolution in journalism. At the same time, social networks have become new channels of communication with audiences. This certificate offers students the possibility of acquiring the skills demanded by the new data journalism and social media strategies to be an active part of communication trends.