Degree in Business Intelligence (Business Intelligence) - bilingual
CEU Abat Oliba Universitat
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
Why study at UAO CEU?
Why study Business Intelligence?
Globalization and information technologies have transformed the way companies do business, simplifying routine and repetitive tasks, but above all helping in the decision-making process: whether decisions related to marketing and logistics, whether decisions about the launch of new products and customer loyalty, whether in areas where traditionally numerical aspects were not so important, such as the organization of human resources.
Consequently, understanding and knowing how to analyze data has become a profession of the present and future. Hence, companies are increasingly demanding professional profiles with great analytical capacity and who are familiar with data study techniques.
Consequently, it is essential to have specialists in decision-making based on data, that is, a professional profile is needed that combines the most technical part of the data study that begins with data collection and that after a The analysis process culminates in the formulation of future business strategies based on said information.
The University, as guarantor of the transmission of knowledge at a higher level, cannot be left out of this dynamic and must actively participate in this change towards a “Data Economy” by promoting the creation of transversal studies that offer business knowledge and data processing. . This transversality is precisely what Business Intelligence (IN) or Business Intelligence (BI) offers, a discipline that focuses on the use of technologies and analytical processes to transform data into useful information for business decision-making. However, these needs in terms of degree offerings are not well covered in the Catalan university system.
For this reason, at the UAO CEU we offer the degree in Business Intelligence from the UAO, whose program combines business management knowledge with the study of business data and prepares future graduates for the new needs demanded by a very dynamic and globalized.
Understanding and knowing how to analyze data has become a profession of the future. For all these reasons, companies increasingly demand professional profiles with great analytical capacity and who are familiar with data study techniques.
Learn by doing
The Degree in Business Intelligence includes a total of nine possible training activities: Master Class (AF1), Workshop (AF2), Case Study (AF3), Tutoring (AF4), Seminar (AF5), Documentary and audiovisual content (AF6) , Group work (AF7), Independent work (AF8) and External internships (AF9).
These training activities are developed based on 4 teaching methodologies (MD):
MD1. Expository method. Methodology that prioritizes the teaching action of the teachers, developing the subject matter of study in the classroom, through their dissertation and the use of supporting teaching materials. Students must previously prepare the subject, following the teacher's bibliographical indications or with the materials available on the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU) platform, to achieve a more useful follow-up of the explanation in the classroom, and subsequently they must also expand said subject with the instructions provided in the classroom or virtually.
MD2. Study and resolution of practical cases. Methodology that prioritizes the analytical and inductive action of the student, through the examination and resolution of real or simulated singular cases in a way that connects the theoretical explanation with practice. The students will contribute their ideas and possible solutions. This methodology allows students to be evaluated with a different modality than the development of theoretical content. This evaluation method is especially indicated in those subjects where practical teaching has been given. The resolution of the case in the classroom encourages participation, through discussion and the presentation of different points of view.
MD3. Problem-based learning. Using this method, each teacher prepares a series of possible problems, which are observable facts or phenomena, in the field of business management and business intelligence, described in simple and not very technical language that must be solved in a group. The problem is only a means to apply the content worked on and achieve certain objectives. The task of the group of students is to discuss these problems and reach plausible explanations, describing them in well-founded terms of relevant processes, principles or mechanisms, all with the support of the teaching staff who will guide the learning process.
MD4. Synthesis work. Methodology that prioritizes the synthetic action of students through the execution of theoretical or practical research on subjects related to business intelligence and its application to business management.
Aula Emprende Program
The UAO CEU is committed to the development of the entrepreneurial spirit in all studies in the Business area, through numerous initiatives, among which the following stand out:
- Entrepreneurial woman workshop
- Family business and entrepreneurship meetings
- Experiential entrepreneurship conferences
Progressive International Development
International experience itinerary that encourages students to internationalize from first year to fourth year.
We offer a first international experience on a short trip to one of our partner universities in Europe and enable interaction at events such as the BCN Thinking Challenge. 2. We prepare students for cross-cultural economic challenges in collaboration with European universities. 3. We broaden our horizons through the Erasmus program, or through semester stays at one of our partner universities in Europe and America (New York, Boston, Toronto, Santiago, Dublin, Mexico City, Florida...).
Chairs and Research Groups:
- Chair of Solidarity Economy
- Chair of Family Business and Business Creation
- Research Group on Employability, Youth, and Social Exclusion (EJES)
- Research Group on Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Business Competitiveness (GREECE)
Have an interest in aspects related to the economy, the operation of the company, and its management.
The entry profile for the Business Intelligence degree corresponds to a person who has a combination of technical, analytical, and business skills. In particular, potential students must possess strong analytical skills, the ability to solve problems and think critically, as well as certain communication and teamwork skills. You should also have an interest in learning relevant programming languages such as SQL or Python or data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI. These are people interested in understanding how organizations work and how management can be improved through data analysis.
Scholarships and Funding
Aid for Undergraduate Studies
For more than 80 years, the CEU group has been working for the university education of young people. It is the Spanish private educational institution that invests the most money in scholarships and aid. It voluntarily assumes the challenge that none of its students, with sufficient capacity and motivation, stop pursuing a university degree for economic reasons.
Abat Oliba CEU University is committed to a culture of effort and improvement. We believe in the value of giving opportunities to everyone who has a goal and strives to achieve it.
We offer all our students the possibility of requesting study aid based on their academic merits, and personal and economic circumstances, through the Study Aid Program (PAE) for undergraduate studies or the Master's Study Aid Program ( PAEM) for students of official master's degrees and specialization programs, based on discounts and public and private aid.
We also have awards and scholarships that are funded by our resources and contributions from collaborating institutions.
- Principles of Economics
- Mathematics for Business
- Introduction to the Company
- Computer Fundamentals
- Commercial law
- Accounting Fundamentals
Fundamentals of Marketing
- Statistics and Data Analysis I
- Keys to Contemporary History
- Macroeconomics in a global environment
- Data visualization and presentation
- Statistics and Data Analysis II
- Algorithms and data structure
- Quantitative Analysis of the Economic Environment
- Person and Modern World
- Database Management
- Corporate Finance
- Industrial organization
- Statistics and Data Analysis III
- Game Theory and Strategic Thinking
- Fundamentals of data mining and Big Data 1
- HR Management in a Global Business
- Digital and Social Sustainability in a Global Business
- Digital Business and Social Networks
- Catholic Social Doctrine
- Fundamentals of data mining and Big Data 2
- Taxation applied to the company
- Data Analysis in Digital Marketing
- Behavioral Economics
- Software design methodologies
- Artificial intelligence
- Language processing
- Entrepreneurship and Business Games
- Practical Tools for Foreign Trade
- External Practicum Business Management
- Strategic Management
- International Corporate Finance
- Data Processing Law and Regulations
- Lean Management & Agile
- Final Degree Project Business Management
The main objective of the Degree in Business Intelligence is to train professionals capable of analyzing large amounts of business data and using it to make strategic decisions.
Among the specific training objectives of the degree in Business Intelligence we can highlight the following:
- Data analysis: students will be trained in the use of data analysis tools and advanced statistical techniques to analyze large sets of business data, extracting relevant behavioral patterns.
- Information technologies: students will learn the fundamentals of computer systems, programming languages, algorithms and data structure and apply them effectively in their daily work.
- Business Management in a global environment: students will understand how business decisions are based on available information and how business intelligence can help improve the quality of those decisions.
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership: Students will acquire skills in areas such as entrepreneurship and project management to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams and communicate their findings effectively to managers and other members of the management team.
This more specific training in the field of business intelligence is completed with transversal training that provides students with a holistic vision that modulates both the learning process and the practical application of the technical knowledge developed in the rest of the subjects.
Have a refined economic and business language, that is, have a solid knowledge of the fundamental management concepts and instruments applicable to the functional areas of the company.
Program Tuition Fee
The professional opportunities for graduates in Business Intelligence include:
- Data Analyst: professional trained to collect, process, analyze, and present large amounts of data. They use data analysis tools and statistical software to identify patterns and trends in business data. Data analysts can work in a wide variety of sectors and companies, from startups to large corporations, helping to improve decision-making and the efficiency of business processes.
- Business Consultant: professional trained to advise companies on how to improve their business processes and decision-making strategies. Business consultants can help companies implement business intelligence systems and use data effectively, optimizing their resources and identifying opportunities for growth and improving profitability. They have both technical and business management skills and are capable of offering customized solutions for each company.
- IN Project Manager: professional in charge of leading business intelligence teams in companies, so they have both technical and leadership skills. They are responsible for the implementation and development of IN systems in the organization, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with the expected quality.
- Data Mining Specialist: Professional trained to work with advanced data mining techniques, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence. Data mining specialists can help businesses identify patterns and relationships in large amounts of data, uncover valuable insights, and improve business decision-making.
- IN Tools Specialist: experienced professional in the use of software such as Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, and MicroStrategy among others that allow the extraction, transformation, and visualization of data with which to prepare reports and interactive dashboards, identify trends, patterns, and improvement opportunities and collaborate with other teams to define KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and relevant business metrics.