Bachelor of Architecture
Canadian University Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AED 84,924 / per year
Earliest start date
The Bachelor of Architecture is a 5-year terminal degree program, that will enable you to fulfill local professional registration while matching the licensing requirements of international associations of architecture. The program provides students with a thorough understanding of the functional areas of architecture, including the design tools, methodologies, and philosophies associated with decision-making and effective presentation processes.
The objective of this program is to blend the fundamentals of design and technology with business and entrepreneurship through behavioral, technological, sustainable, and aesthetic exploration. Students learn the theoretical aspects of space and built environment and apply them practically through internships in their final year. The curriculum supports the professional and multidisciplinary philosophy with students being encouraged to take advantage of the wide variety of courses offered at CUD to foster and develop their interests and talents.
Scholarships and Funding
Scholarship awards range from 20%-50%.
The following scholarship options are available to Full-Time Undergraduate students:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
- Ranked #1 in university Dubai (QS World University Rankings 2023)/(THE Impact Rankings 2022)
- Ranked in the top 541-550 worldwide and top 4 in the UAE (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- Ranked #7 for International Students and #8 for International Faculty worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- 18 accredited programs and over 30 majors/concentrations
- Regional affiliation: AArU (Association of Arab Universities)
- Licensed by the Ministry of Education – United Arab Emirates
- Accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA)
- Diverse student community with over 120 nationalities
- International Program Accreditation/Certification: CIMA, CFA, ACCA, IAA, PRSA, PRME, ECO Canada, & SHRM
Institutional Licensure & Program Accreditation
Canadian University Dubai is licensed to award degrees by the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs. In addition, all of our degree-granting programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs through the Commission for Academic Accreditation.
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) has maintained its #1 rank in Dubai and remains in the top 2 percent of global universities according to the recent QS University Rankings for 2023.
QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) ranking system is recognized among the world’s most respected university rankings.
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
Our academic programs are designed to prepare students for professional practice in their chosen fields. This focus on employability skills has attracted industry recognition from leading international professional bodies, as outlined below. Canadian University Dubai's accredited programs have also been listed on the International Program Accreditation Portal (IPAP) by the UAE Ministry of Education.
The IPAP is a public portal that provides information on the Strategic National KPI that measures the percentage of nationally accredited undergraduate programs that have received additional accreditation by a recognized international body.
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Architecture, BSc in Architectural Studies, and BSc in Interior Design programs benefit from our Authorized Academic Partner with Autodesk, a global leader in the design and make technology. For over four decades, Autodesk has worked to transform how things are made. Their solutions currently span countless industries, empowering innovators to combine technologies in new ways, unleash talent, and unlock insights to make the new possible.
Association of Arab Universities
CUD is proud to join the Association of Arab Universities (AArU) as an active member, that works to support and connect institutions for higher learning in the Arab world, as well as enhance cooperation among them. The non-governmental organization includes 280 Arab universities at present, 12 of which are located in the United Arab Emirates.
Principles for Responsible Management Education
CUD is a proud member of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), a worldwide initiative of the United Nations Global Compact to promote responsible and sustainable management education that includes 850 leading business and management schools across 95 countries.
International Association of Universities
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) has joined the International Association of Universities (IAU), further demonstrating our commitment to growing our global network of institutional partners and facilitating our education and applied research development to enhance our academic and cultural exchanges.
The Bachelor of Architecture program will equip you with:
- Creative and analytical skills
- An understanding of the economic, social, constructional, and legal environments in which the practice of Architecture operates
- Knowledge of professional architectural and ethical values
- A good understanding and proven ability in the fundamentals of architectural design
- An enhanced ability in graphic and oral communications
- Knowledge of building systems, codes, and appropriate technology and materials, and an appreciation of and sensitivity toward ecology and the environment
- Software skills aligned with the requirements of design
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Architecture program, you will have the qualification and skills to pursue opportunities in a variety of areas including:
- Space Planner
- Fit-out Consultancies
- Building Code Inspector
- CAAD Manager
- Urban Designer
- Urban Planner
- Landscape Architecture
- Interior Design Consultancies
- Sustainability Consultancies
- Real Estate Consultancies
- Construction and Project Management
- Government Offices (Ministries and Municipalities)
- Facility Management
- Master’s degrees in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape, and Interior Design
- Teaching positions in related disciplines