Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Marketing Budapest Business School
Our Commerce and Marketing program has a long-standing tradition and market-leading features in the field of marketing and commerce education. Its aim is to release professionals with up-to-date business knowledge, expertise, and skills to the labor market, who are able to perform the procurement and sale of various products and services in a demand-driven manner. Students graduating from this program will be able to manage the commercial, logistics, and marketing activities of SMEs and large enterprises. The program is offered by two different faculties, the difference between the two being the specializations available. The Faculty of International Management and Business focuses on marketing communication and digital marketing activities, marketing practices, for-profit enterprises and non-profit organizations, and the further expansion of the related knowledge and skills. The focus of the Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality, and Tourism is to further deepen the students’ skills and knowledge related to trading, management, logistics, and marketing activities and practices related to commerce, domestic and international trade, and service processes. The program provides sufficiently deep theoretical knowledge for continuing one’s studies within the framework of a master’s degree program.
Double Degree Opportunity
This program offers double-degree opportunities with the following partner universities:
- University of Asturias, Oviedo (Spain);
- University of Le Havre (France);
- Hof University of Applied Sciences (Germany);
- Kempten, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Villingen-Schwenningen (Germany)
We offer 6 optional specializations:
The aim of the specialization is to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical experience related to the challenges of the changing (digital) world and allow them to propose relevant answers to the issues of these topics from a business and marketing point of view in both corporate and agency environments. This specialization is available for students of the Faculty of International Management and Business. (Faculty of International Management and Business full-time and part-time)
The specialization provides a comprehensive understanding of the economic activities and operations of commercial and service provider companies, strategic thinking, and the use of the tools necessary for maintaining customer relationships, in addition to knowledge related to trade in goods. The aim of specialization is to contribute to the development of the business sense and analytical skills of the students, as well as to describe the system of connections associated with the work of an expert in commerce. This specialization is available for students of the Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality, and Tourism. (Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality and Tourism full-time and part-time)
The educational objective of the specialization is to enable students to apply the acquired professional methodology in practice and to manage the marketing communication activities of a company, as well as to be able to cooperate with communication agencies and media owners effectively. This specialization is available for students of the Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality, and Tourism. (Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality and Tourism full-time and part-time)
The educational objective of the specialization is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of logistics subsystems, to comprehend the operation of corporate processes in general, especially in the case of commercial companies. The specialization allows them to become familiar with the operation of the processes involved in the so-called gate-in and gate-out logistics and supply chain management, as well as to understand, organize and improve intra- and inter-company logistics processes in a systemic manner and efficiently cooperate in their management aided by an understanding of the correlations of corporate logistics and supply chain management. This specialization is available for students of the Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality, and Tourism. (Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality and Tourism full-time and part-time)
The educational objective of the specialization is to enable students to apply the marketing communication toolset while working at a company or agency, as well as to plan and manage the processes. This specialization is available for students of the Faculty of International Management and Business. (Faculty of International Management and Business full-time and part-time)
The educational objective of this specialization is to enable students to manage the marketing activities of a manufacturing or service provider company, to apply the tools and methods of marketing, and to become familiar with international marketing practices. This specialization is available for students of the Faculty of International Management and Business. (Faculty of International Management and Business full-time and part-time)
During the 7-semester program, students obtain up-to-date theoretical and practical skills.
The training is primarily practice-oriented, supplemented with in-depth, high-level foundations in economics, methodology, and business management, making our graduates capable of the following:
- comprehensive assessment of the positions of businesses and institutions,
- creation of corporate or partial strategies,
- leading marketing and commerce organizational units and businesses,
- planning and organizing economic activities and projects, managing and controlling businesses and economic organizations,
- elementary analysis of the concepts forming the foundation for the knowledge system of the commerce and marketing field,
- working efficiently in economic, marketing, and commercial projects within a business entity.
- Economics, Methodology, and Business: (economics, business mathematics, business statistics, international economics, marketing, basics of business economics, basics of finance, organizational and human resource management, basics of accounting, business communication)
- Basics of Social Science: (basics of commercial law, environmental economics, economic policy, economic geography, the study of the European Union)
- General Professional Skills: (the technical language of commerce and marketing, basics of controlling, market research, sales management, marketing communication, and consumer behavior, service and B2B marketing, commercial management, online marketing, corporate and marketing strategy)
As well as special skills related to the specializations.
Graduates will be able to work in the following areas:
- commercial businesses,
- marketing or marketing communication agencies,
- logistics service providers,
- middle and senior management positions at sales, logistics, and marketing departments of for-profit businesses,
- management of the marketing activities of non-profit organizations.
Scholarships and Funding
A full scholarship opportunity is available on the university's website, called Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme.
Visit the university's website to view all scholarship opportunities!