Bachelor in Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
Brno University of Technology
Brno, Czech Republic
EUR 3,000 / per year
Request info *
Earliest start date
* applications start 01/12/2022
Be (k)ing. in your field, open the way to leadership positions
You have a career choice ahead of you, but you're still groping in the dark – you don't know what to do and you need time. Then the Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering is the right thing to do. You will acquire deep knowledge in the field of engineering sciences. You will penetrate the secrets of the technical world and get a general overview.
Your ambitions do not end with the title of Bc., if you want more. Now you know what you enjoy. According to this, you can choose a master's degree where you will profile yourself in the field.
The objectives of the study program are to equip students with knowledge and skills in the field of mechanical engineering, technology, and materials and to provide them with a broad knowledge that will allow them to continue to study the follow-up Master's degree program in the field of mechanical engineering at Brno University of Technology or other universities in the Czech Republic or abroad. However, after completing the bachelor's degree program, the graduates can decide not to continue their studies and apply for a job in the development, design, or technical department of a company or an engineering company, or in civil services or commerce and they acquire their specialization in their workplace. The study program is without specialization.
Students will gain broad-based knowledge in the following areas:
- Mathematics and physics needed for further study
- Mechanics of solids
- Engineering materials
- Manufacturing technology
- Thermofluid mechanics
- Applied informatics, automation, and electrical engineering
- 3D modeling of machine parts
- Calculations and designs of parts and mechanisms of machines
The graduate acquires a professional broad-based knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering. The graduate acquires competencies that enable them to prepare effectively for further (Master's) studies. The graduates gain a professional broad-based knowledge, which allows them to continue to study the follow-up Master's degree program in the field of mechanical engineering and material engineering.
However, after completing their Bachelor's degree, they can immediately pursue a career. The broad scope of the program can be an advantage for students. Our graduates receive a well-rounded education, which opens many doors for them in the labor market. As a matter of fact, many employers require generally educated technical staff, because they carry out their own company training to narrow employees' specialization. Graduates of the program can be employed in technical positions in design and technological departments of companies, engineering companies, civil services, or commerce.
Graduate Professional Knowledge Profile
- The graduate is well prepared for a follow-up Master's degree in mechanical engineering, technology, and materials at the University of Technology in Brno or other technical universities in the Czech Republic or abroad in particular.
• The graduate is also acquainted with the fundamentals of manufacturing technology of machine components.
• The graduate can design and construct machine parts and simple components.
Graduate Professional Skills Profile
- The graduate can analyze and design machine components and simple components and optimize their design, function, and material composition with respect to performance, ecological and economic parameters.
- The graduate has knowledge of the theory of flexibility and strength of components and functional assemblies, reliability, and durability of structures.
- The graduate can use wide theoretical knowledge, software tools, and methods of statistical data processing to solve engineering problems.
- The graduate is prepared for further education and the use of future technologies and engineering methods.
Graduate attributes and professional competencies
- Graduates can demonstrate professional competencies at a level corresponding to the contemporary findings in the field of engineering and materials.
- Graduates are eligible to pursue professions in the field of mechanical engineering and apply skills and computer literacy under the conditions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- In addition to theoretical and professional knowledge, graduates become proficient in interpersonal competencies and soft skills, they have knowledge of at least one foreign language, and computer technology and they can work with programs for designing machine parts and node machines.
Graduates acquire a broad-based professional knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering or material engineering. The knowledge enables them to continue their studies in any follow-up Master's degree program in the field of mechanical engineering. After completing the program the students are prepared to be able to study a Master’s degree program abroad.
Nevertheless, after completing their Bachelor's degree, they can immediately pursue a career. The broad scope of the program can be an advantage for students. Our graduates receive a well-rounded education, which opens many doors for them in the labor market. As a matter of fact, many employers require generally educated technical staff, because they carry out their own company training to narrow employees' specialization. Graduates of the program can be employed in technical positions in design and technological departments of companies, in engineering companies, civil services, or commerce.
of FME graduates would choose the same faculty again
of FME graduates are satisfied with their work
of FME graduates worked no later than 3 months after their graduation
1st year of study
Comparative subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Fundamentals of Design or Fundamentals of CAD Systems await you. This will unify the knowledge of all of you, even if you have graduated from different secondary schools with different levels of teaching.
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Physics I
- Introduction to Material Science and Engineering
- Computer Science
- Machine Design Fundamentals
- Constructive Geometry
- Machine Design
- Numerical Methods
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- General English Exam
- General English I
- General English II
2nd year of study
Prepare yourself for subjects with more complex issues in the field of engineering sciences – dynamics of bodies, kinematics, elasticity, and strength or statics. You will also try out the practice and gain experience from production.
- Physics II
- Mathematics III
- Strength of Materials I
- Machining Technology
- Structure and Properties of Materials
- Mathematics IV
- Technical English Exam
- Manufacturing Technology I
- Design and CAD
- Technical English I
- Technical English II
3rd year of study
- Machine Design - Machine Elements
- Bachelor Project
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Machine Design - Mechanical Drives
- Bachelor Seminar
- Materials Physics
- Strength of Materials II
- Automotive Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Finite Element Method and ANSYS Computational Code
- Limit States of Materials and Structures
- Engineering Metrology I
- Construction of Production Machines and Robots
- Technology III