BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production
Brighton, United Kingdom
Earliest start date
This course is available at BIMM Music Institute in the UK (Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, London, Manchester).
If you’re looking for a career in Electronic Music Production as an artist, remixer, writer, programmer, or game audio designer, the BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production course can help you get there.
You’ll learn cutting-edge techniques from lecturers who are already successful producers in the industry. You’ll also be taught using our state-of-the-art industry-standard equipment and facilities.
The course will cover practical audio creation, recording, and software skills using a variety of Digital Audio Workstations. It will also cover refined industry knowledge, sound artistry, synthesis, sampling, and effective approaches to creating and answering professional briefs.
All students will learn essential critical skills and knowledge. After building appropriate foundational knowledge, skills, and experience in Year 1, you may choose three optional modules in Year 2 and a further four in Year 3 to refine your career direction.
These options prepare you for a successful career in the electronic music, media composition, sound design, and game audio industries, each of which provides numerous opportunities for when you graduate. The route you choose to take is up to you.
You’ll also have the opportunity to network and collaborate with students on other BIMM degree courses. You’ll work directly with them to help diversify your skills and enhance your portfolio. This collaboration will widen your list of valuable industry contacts and prove incredibly useful as your career develops and flourishes.
- Mode of attendance: Full-time
- Length of course: This course is taught as a three-year course at levels four, five, and six.
- Awarding institution: BIMM University
- Campus delivery: London, Brighton, Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester
- UCAS code: W383
- Language of study: English
- Final award: BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production
- Admissions Criteria: Minimum of 2 A-levels at Grade E or above (32 UCAS points), OR BTEC Level 3 equivalent, and normally three GCSEs at a minimum grade C/4, including English Language.
Scholarships and Funding
Early Confirmation Discount
An early confirmation discount for study in the UK of £2,000 or €2,000 for study in Germany or Ireland for each year of study is available to all international students ineligible for home (domestic) fees who have an offer to study with us at any of our campuses in the UK, Germany or Ireland.
To be eligible for the Early Confirmation Discount, you must:
- Be an overseas applicant ineligible for home (domestic) fees
- Apply and receive an offer to study a BIMM University course
- Accept your offer
- Pay your deposit, if applicable, by the deadline of 15th June 2024
- The scholarship will automatically be deducted from your fees when you enroll.
This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer, or scholarship.
Future Talent Scholarship
Launching for September 2024 entry, the new Future Talent Scholarships provide a full 3-year tuition fee for undergraduate students studying courses in music, film, acting, or creative technology. These scholarships are aimed at candidates from low-income households and/or groups under-represented in the creative industries. We are looking to support those who demonstrate talent in their chosen discipline, strong creative potential, and a high motivation for a career in the creative industries.
The scholarship offers financial support, a supportive training environment, and a skills and career development program designed to support progression to future careers in the creative industries.
- The Creative Industries
- Audio Capture Methods & Equipment
- Creative Music Programming
- Sample Based Production
- The Creative Industries & You
- Applied Synthesis
- Composition Toolkit For Producers
- Multitrack Mixing
- Defining Your Practice in Context
- Creative Production Techniques
- Synthesis & Sampling
- Click to view more info on this module
- Exploring Practice Through Collaboration
- Digital Composition in Context
- 3 option modules
- Final Project
- Concept Led Practical Production
- Final Project
- Professional Portfolio
- 4 option modules
Program Tuition Fee
Graduates can progress directly to employment in the music industry in roles such as an artist, remixer, writer, programmer, or game audio designer.