BA (Hons) Acting for Stage, Screen & Digital Media
Birmingham, United Kingdom
18 Jul 2024
Earliest start date
The BA (Hons) Acting for Stage, Screen & Digital Media undergraduate course offers rigorous and multi-faceted training that prepares you for the demands of the professional acting industry.
Through our range of specialist creative and artistic modules, you will graduate prepared for the ever-evolving requirements placed upon the contemporary actor.
This practice-based course gives you access to a wide variety of actor training methodologies and approaches to ensure you graduate as a flexible and adaptable artist, ready to embrace our multi-media profession.
You will undertake an intensive programme of technical development that is underpinned by a curriculum spine that focuses on your career and personal development. The programme offers in-depth actor training for theatre, film, TV and recorded media.
Through our option modules, you will also create a bespoke pathway of learning that gives you time to explore your specific areas of interest.
Our vibrant and innovative course continuously develops your individual artistry with opportunities to collaborate and perform with music and filmmaking students. Performance opportunities may include short films, documentaries, music videos, radio drama, community theatre, and contemporary and classical plays.
You will also have access to specialist masterclasses and workshops covering topics such as TV presenting, stage combat, puppetry and more. Lead by industry guests, these masterclasses allow you to gain extracurricular expertise and help you springboard into the acting profession.
On successful completion of the BA (Hons) Acting for Stage, Screen & Digital Media, graduates will have the necessary skills to access a variety of roles with optimum technique and a high level of autonomy to enter the world of theatre, film and television.
This course is approved and awarded by BIMM University (UK).
*course subject to approval
- Mode of Attendance: Full-time
- Length of course: This course is taught as a three-year course at levels four, five, and six.
- Awarding institution: BIMM University (UK)
- Campus delivery: Berlin, Birmingham, Essex
- Language of study: English
- Final award: Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
Scholarships and Funding
BIMM Music Institute is dedicated to helping students develop their skills, talents, and self-confidence while gaining a nationally recognized Further or Higher Education qualification.
Every academic year, we’re able to offer a limited number of scholarships and bursaries to talented and dedicated applicants and students who are in financial hardship.
The Fair Access Fund
We want a level playing field and equity of opportunity , and so we have set up the Fair Access Fund to ensure students are supported during their studies.
Last academic year, BIMM University awarded over 250 low-income household bursaries to first-year students to support their transition into student life, buy equipment, or get the support they needed.
Successful applicants will receive financial support packages of up to £1,500 per academic year. While we cannot commit to payment amounts before enrolment, we aim to allocate the budget to eligible applicants. We will confirm the exact payment amount and schedule post-enrolment.
Credits: (60 ECTS per year of study)// 360 FHEQ (UK) Level credits (120 FHEQ credits per year of study)
All students take the following core modules in their first year of study. Full module information is subject to approval.
- Acting for Stage Fundamentals – Voice & Text 1
- Acting for Stage Fundamentals – Improvisation & Movement 1
- Acting for Screen & Digital Media Fundamentals 1
- The Creative Industries and You 1: Finding Your Path
- Acting for Stage Fundamentals – Voice & Text 2
- Acting for Stage Fundamentals – Improvisation & Movement 2
- Acting for Screen & Digital Media Fundamentals 2
- Context & Culture of the Creative Industry
A range of option modules can be selected in Year 2 subject to availability and student demand. Full module information is also subject to approval.
- Acting for Stage Development – Contemporary Performance
- Acting for Screen & Digital Media Development
- The Creative Industries & You 2: Creative Collaboration
- Acting for Stage Development – Classical Performance
- Creativity, Identity and Agency
A range of optional modules can be selected in Year 3 subject to availability and student demand. Full module information is also subject to approval.
- Final Project
- Creative Industries & You 3
- Advanced Acting for Stage, Screen & Digital Media
- Final Theatre Production