Bachelor in Environmental Engineering Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
Environmental Engineering provides students with knowledge of chemical, physical and biological processes in environmental pollution control; techniques and construction operating management or environmental control systems such as disposing of urban and industrial sewage; air pollution control, disposing of solid waste and toxins; and recycling, reuse, renewing wastes, etc.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental)
- Duration: 4 years
- Number of credits: 122 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee:approximately 80-100 million vnd/year(*)
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Students have 2 options:
- Option 1: Students study at HCMUT for 4 years and get a Bachelor of Environmental Engineering awarded by HCMUT.
- Option 2: After completing 02 years at HCMUT, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our following partner universities in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan for the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor’s degree:
- Griffith University (Australia)
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 4 years at HCMUT, Vietnam.
- Campus: For more information about the HCMUT campus, please visit our campus.
- The referential curriculum is displayed below.
List of Courses
|Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer||Project – Air Pollution Control Engineering|
|Strengths of Materials||Project – Water Treatment Engineering|
|Chemistry for Environmental Engineering and Science 2||Vietnamese Language 2|
|Physical Chemical and Chemical Processes in Environmental Engineering||Vietnamese Language 3|
|Industrial Safety and Environment Hygiene||Contaminated Soil Remediation Engineering|
|Environmental Law and Policy||Ecological Engineering|
|Environmental Modelling||Graduation Internship|
|Methods of Calculus||Water Supply Distribution & Sewerage Systems|
|Analysis and Design of Structures for Environmental Engineers||Ventilation & Noise Pollution Control Engineering|
|Air Pollution Control Engineering||Project - Wastewater Treatment Engineering|
|Water Treatment Engineering||Project - Solid Waste Treatment Engineering|
|Project Management for Engineer||Optimization and Environmental Statistics|
|Business Administration for Engineers||Application of GIS And Remote Sensing for Natural Resources & Environmental Management|
|General Vietnamese Language Course||Waste Incinerator Engineering|
|Study Trips Workshop||Cleaner Production|
|Wastewater Treatment Engineering||Climate Change|
|Solid Waste Treatment Engineering|
Please contact or visit HCMUT-Bach Khoa University website for further information.
The program provides students with knowledge of chemical, physical and biological processes in environmental pollution control; techniques and construction operating management or environmental control system such as disposing of urban and industrial sewage; air pollution control, disposing of solid waste and toxins; and recycle, reuse, renew wastes, etc.
Students graduating from this program are involved in efforts to improve recycling, waste disposal, public health, and control of water and air pollution.
Graduates may work on designing, planning, and implementing measures to prevent, control, or remediate environmental hazards.
Graduates can work in the following areas related (but not restricted to):
- Design and evaluation of erosion control systems
- Systems and processes for management and utilization of wastes
- Design and management of water control systems
- Inspection, evaluation, and reporting for regulatory compliance
- Air quality monitoring, air emission measurement, and modeling, air pollution mitigation and control, and air dispersion modeling
- Design of animal housing
- Environmental management
- Expert witness