Bachelor of Dance
Australian Academy Of Music And Performing Arts (AMPA)
Full time, Part time
AUD 52,800 *
Earliest start date
* Domestic students, total course fee. Fee help available.
Sydney's Only Performance-Driven Dance Degree
The Bachelor of Dance Course has a strong focus on and commitment to excellence in the practice of dance. The goal is to develop highly skilled, disciplined, knowledgeable, and versatile dance artists, in an atmosphere which supports and encourages them, as they strive to reach that technical, creative, and scholarly excellence.
- Qualification: Bachelor of Dance
- Duration: 6 Trimesters (2 years) full-time or part-time equivalent. Students may exit after four trimesters with an Associate Degree of Dance.
- Fee-HELP: Available
- CRICOS: BDance 085362D | AssDegDance 085363C
The AMPA Teaching Faculty have highly experienced Dance educators with extensive industry experience and high-level qualifications. The excellence of instruction and rigorous Dance training ensure that AMPA graduates are equipped for successful careers in a highly competitive industry. Staff continue to mentor and network with students after graduation in order to support their continued growth and career potential.
Projected graduate career opportunities include Performer; Choreographer; Independent Dance Artist; Studio Dance Teacher; and School Dance Teacher (requires further postgraduate study). Given the transferability of dance knowledge and skills, other career opportunities may include dance production and a range of inter-disciplinary and media possibilities. All dance students have the opportunity to perform and choreograph as part of their core studies.
The course is designed to develop Dance performers and educators of excellence through:
- advanced study in the genre of choice plus additional supporting techniques;
- performance opportunities;
- an extensive curriculum in choreography;
- complementary studies (Dance History and Appreciation, Body Science, Music for Dancers, Dance Production, Dance and Film); and
- electives In Pedagogy, Music, Drama, Music Theatre.
- Music Theatre
- Hip Hop