Bachelor in Sports Management
Aspira University College
Full time, Part time
EUR 4,600 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Single payment (per academic year, for 2 semesters, without accommodation)
About Study Program
The Sports Management study program is a well-rounded curriculum providing competencies to work in sports or economy. Further education may be continued on specialist graduate study program of Sports Management.
The curriculum of the professional study of Sports Management consists of the core subjects, i.e. the compulsory program content, and the proposed electives, which can make a good choice but may be exchanged for elective courses from other study programs or other higher education institutions.
Duration Of Studies
The University studies last for 3 years (6 semesters) and are performed as regular and Associate degree. Upon completion, students receive, in accordance with the Bologna Declaration, 180 ECTS, and the academic title: Professional Bachelor (baccalaureus (m)/baccalaurea (f)) in sports management – bacc.
Practical lessons are held in different sports organizations, clubs, alliances, and other institutions, from those amateurs to the professional ones. Students take part in work especially in the organization of sports manifestations (matches, tournaments, etc.)
The basic aims of this program are individualized approach in small groups with constant mentorship of professors and assistants; high vertical and horizontal mobility of students; a large number of electives that student can choose from any other colleges and flexibility of studies – The University adjusting the program to the students’ needs while keeping the official title. Also, The University College is comparable to akin studies of famous foreign universities.
The projected learning outcomes acquired after completing the study program of Sports Management provide the students with knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize the importance and role of sports from both the aspect of society and individuals in terms of developing their entrepreneurial activities
- Determine the mode of functioning of sports organizations in the context of the ever-changing market
- Apply the skills referring to planning the development of sport as well as managing the offer of sporting products and services
- Apply marketing concepts to the sports industry
- Make critical judgments on the main economic principles in business
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with the legal and international accounting standards
- Recognize business risks and create an adequate business plan accordingly
- Combine applied mathematical methods for making strategic business decisions
- Recognize negative and positive effects of the development of the sports industry on the environment
- Design a plan for the operation of a sports organization
- Create sports and recreational facilities as a part of tourist destination offer
- Identify sport as an activity of special national interest
Who Is It Aimed At
A curriculum of University College of Sports Management Aspira is aimed at education for performing management functions in sports associations and other business systems, as well as educating managers, sports agents and sports companies and, finally, implementing sportsmen, who have finished their professional careers, into the business world.