BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
USD 22,615 *
Earliest start date
* total for Malaysian students: RM 81,800 | total for international students: RM 88,200/USD 22,615
APU-DMU dual degree program
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia, and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
More than just a digital advertising degree
APU's BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising degree is designed to provide you an edge with the latest technologies that are in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
This program is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Digital advertising knowledge and production discipline, through advertising principles, account planning, and creative applications for production.
- Current theory and principles to apply skills in the effective development of advertising campaigns together with its required collaterals and measurement of effectiveness.
- Logical and analytical skills to identify major issues affecting the global advertising industry in terms of media planning, content distribution, and strategies in the consideration of the outcome of a final major digital advertising project.
Degree level 1
Students will learn fundamental skills in relation to Digital Advertising practices. The modules offered will introduce students to areas pertaining to creative skills required in Digital Advertising. To develop students' understanding of Digital Advertising practices, modules focusing on Marketing Fundamentals and Project Management will develop essential critical thinking skills.
- Trends and Visual Thinking
- Motion Graphics
- Creative Project
- Project Management
- Digital Illustration
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Principles of Advertising
- Client Brief Concept
- Marketing Fundamentals, Consumer Behavior, and Creative Practice
Degree level 2
A broader range of skills will be learned, in which students will gain a better understanding of traditional areas of Advertising practices, culture, and agency management. Students will also delve into content creation practices to further develop skills in creative production for Digital Advertising through copywriting, film, and media planning.
- From Script to Screen
- Digital Film Production
- Creativity and Innovation
- Visual Culture
- Advertising: Industry, Culture, and Practice
- Professional Practice: Client and Agency Management
- Brand Strategy and Application
- Advertising: Media Planning and Purchasing
- Digital and Experiential Advertising
- Copywriting and Creative Direction
Internship (16 weeks)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
Degree level 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to learn about the strategic and global perspectives of Digital Advertising, with aims to groom them as leaders in the field. More focus will be given to relevant future skill sets in the areas of Digital Advertising Analytics as well as Integrated Marketing Communications to enable students to fully encompass the requirements of the global Digital Advertising industry.
- Research Project Report
- Exhibition Design
- Design Futures
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Digital Advertising: Individual Professional Project
- Digital Advertising Analytics
- Digital Advertising: Team Professional Project
MQA compulsory subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency.)
Whether you want to work in a creative team, be a copywriter, account planner, or brand manager, you will gain vital hands-on experience that is highly attractive to future employers.
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Advertising is based on a 360° approach to creative and strategic advertising for the digital ecosystem. This program is designed to:
- Broaden the understanding and knowledge of digital advertising technology, concept creation, and creative thinking to enhance the ability to apply this knowledge in the industries.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of digital advertising technologies to further develop competence and ability to apply them as an integral part of the program.
You’ll be taught by an experienced program team, and work with associate tutors who are currently creative directors and agency practitioners. Industry placements and agency visits will also be added to your development. You’ll learn how to create advertising campaigns by studying key areas of creative thinking, strategy, and planning as well as idea generation, integrated communications, art direction, and copywriting.
Program Tuition Fee
- Digital Advertising Executive
- Digital Content Creator
- Brand Communicator
- Marketing Executive
- Media Planner
- Account Manager
- Social Media Executive
- Visual Designer
- Art Director