B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications
Prague, Czech Republic
CZK 538,800 / per year
Request info *
Earliest start date
* rolling admissions; if you need a visa, we recommend applying at least 10 weeks prior to the start date of the semester in which you want to start your studies
The B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The Marketing and Communications concentration emphasizes the role of communication and marketing in the context of running a business in the 21st century.
The B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The program is delivered by an international faculty with top qualifications and experience in the business world. We commit ourselves to a personalized education model: in Spring 2020, the average class size in business undergraduate studies was 18 students!
The Marketing and Communications concentration emphasizes the role of communication and marketing in the context of running a business in the 21st century. It focuses on the development of written and verbal marketing communication. The students will learn how to analyze buyer behavior, what are the determinants of building a company brand, and how to conduct marketing analysis. The concentration links theoretical knowledge with real-life experience – students will participate in commercial and non-profit projects and spend time working in a marketing company.
After completing all modules, students will have learned the craft of international marketing, planning, and communication both on online and offline platforms.
Business Administration: Marketing and Communications is a 3-year study program. To graduate, students must accumulate 90 US credits (180 ECTS credits) by completing 30 courses.
General Education Module
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Computer Information Systems
- Intro to Economic Thought
- Intro to Law
One course from the following:
- Introduction to Politics (Politics I)
- Intro to Psychology
- Intro to Sociology
One course from the following:
- World History I
- World History II
- European History I
- European History II
- Survey of Western Art
- Business Math I
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Advanced Communication and Presentation Skills For Global Managers
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Planning
On top of that students are also required to complete the Thesis Seminar, Internship, and Thesis module.
- Marketing Communications
- Buyer Behaviour
And 2 courses from the following: Introduction to Digital Marketing / Public Relations / International Marketing / Direct Marketing / Tourism Marketing / International Marketing for Hospitality.
Note: a concentration can be opened, provided a minimum of twelve students enroll.
Students can choose five courses from the list of courses offered by any school at AAU.
Having passed all the required and elective courses, students complete their studies by taking graduation examination: state exam covering the major module, state exam covering the concentration module, thesis defense.
Graduates of the B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications can expect to:
- Utilize information communication technologies, media, and social networks to effectively engage international audiences across different channels.
- Understand how to optimize marketing communications strategy to deliver targeted market messages within the business and the media, using advertising, direct response, public relations, and sales promotion.
- Craft, design, implement, and evaluate a marketing campaign from both an individual and a management perspective.
- Understand how to most effectively communicate with stakeholders, i.e. owners, investors, communities, and most importantly, customers.
- Recognize cultural, sociological, economic, and political concepts where they interact with strategic and intercultural communications.
- Analyze the financial implications of marketing activities to ensure that customer value is delivered at the lowest possible cost.
- Act as business professionals able to work within technologically driven and consumer-focused businesses and manage their own and others' career development.
- Communicate professionally, decisively, and strategically in verbal and written English; our graduates are able to identify, analyze, describe, present, and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences.
AAU graduates thrive in multinational environments and are able to communicate professionally in English to international audiences. As a graduate of this degree program, you will be well equipped to continue your studies or pursue a global career in areas such as:
- Advertising account executive/manager
- Advertising account planner
- Marketing communications executive/manager
- Sales promotion account executive/manager
- Social media assistant/executive/manager
- UX [user experience] designer
- Web content executive/manager
- Marketing analyst
- Market(ing) researcher (executive/manager)
- Marketing strategy manager
- Campaign manager
- Lead generator
- Marketing assistant
- Marketing executive
- Marketing Manager (domestic/international/global)
- Public relations account executive/manager