The motto of the American University in the Emirates (AUE) is “Nothing is Impossible.” The University encourages students through this empowering phrase to excel in their studies and workplaces through a pathway to success.
The AUE was established in 2006 with accreditation from the Commission of Academic Accreditation (CAA) under the umbrella of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the United Arab Emirates. The AUE has experienced increased student enrollments from 25 countries and follows the American model of higher education with a general-education program and credit-hour system. The University boasts seven colleges—Media and Mass Communication, Business Administration, Law, Design, Computer Information Technology, Security and Global Studies, and Education—with programs that cater to current and future marketplace needs.
Students choose from various specializations, many of which are unique in the Middle East. Renowned professors with PhDs from around the world build students’ confidence, knowledge, and skills with a range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The AUE adapts new technologies and uses innovative teaching methods to create leaders in their fields. The AUE graduates leaders, not followers, CEOs, not employees, and thinkers and problem-solvers, not passive students, who contribute to the United Arab Emirates’ advancement.
The AUE puts students’ needs first. The university promotes student achievement by using class training and partnership agreements to give students hands-on, practical experience.
The AUE has located in a great country and world-class city whose leaders understand that higher education drives economic competitiveness, innovation, social mobility, security, and happiness. The University is proud to improve students’ lives and advance the region’s welfare.
The American University in the Emirates (AUE) is dedicated to being one of the leading higher educational institutions locally and regionally, providing an integrated pathway for students to become creative, effective, and productive members of the community.
The American University in the Emirates is a coeducational undergraduate and graduate degree-granting institution committed to preparing students as global citizens for future career aspirations and lifelong learning through quality teaching, research, and service opportunities.
AUE Core Values
- Improve Quality of Life
- Respect and Dignity
- Equal Opportunities and Recognition
- Openness, Trust, and Integrity
- Innovation and Creativity
- Persistence and Entrepreneurialism
- Stewardship and Economic Viability
- Safety and Environmental Responsibility
- Teamwork and Partnership
Goals & Objectives
Offer quality academic programs that enable students’ success as professionals and positive contributors to their various communities
- Maintain a high-quality general education program with a rigorous assessment and improvement plan
- Offer and maintain high quality and market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs
- Maintain rigorous academic assessment plan that includes continuous improvement
- Recruit high caliber faculty and retain them through faculty development initiatives
Promote and support academic research
- Incentivize academic research through setting research expectations, evaluation, promotion, and continuation of employment at AUE
- Develop institutional research partnerships
- Provide support for faculty research
Enhance and expand student and academic support services based on best practices
- Engage each of the student support units to develop and implement initiatives to demonstrate contribution towards enhancing the student learning
- Develop strategies to enhance engagement with the alumni community
- Expand and strengthen the engagement of Guidance and Counselling Center to enrich the learning environment
- Enhance the academic support services at AUE to increase student retention
- Enhance the on-campus experience of students
Engage in sustainable practices in the areas of finance, health, safety, and risk management
- Integrate the institutional annual planning process with the institutional budgeting processes by allocating funds for all institutional goals
- Diversify and increase institutional sources (grant and endowments) and amount of revenue
- Ensure compliance with standards of health, safety, and accessibility for people with special need
- Implement Strategic enrollment management practices to include long-term relationships with high schools, regional/international student recruitment initiatives to improve student enrollment
- Utilize the marketing channels for institutional branding
Integrate quality management and institutional effectiveness processes across the university to seek improvement by using results
- Ensure that AUE enhances, implements, and practices (quality management) institutional effectiveness process
- Review, revise, and implement organizational structure to optimize institutional resources to include people, funds, and space
- Seek and maintain institutional program-level accreditation by demonstrating compliance