In the current international tourist landscape, the concern for sustainability, the growing competition between destinations and the demand for quality at a reasonable price are confluent challenges in an environment that is in itself changing, in continuous transformation and, in some cases, unstable.
Given this paradigm, The Ostelea School of Tourism and Hospitality offers a new Degree in Tourism and Ocio. This is an official degree that is developed around the international approach, where travel is not understood only as the mere fact of traveling or intermediation and tourism marketing, but, on the contrary, corresponds to all the activities and actors involved in the tourism sector that are manifested through travel. Likewise, the Degree in Tourism and Leisure I understand leisure as the consumption of tourism that is reflected in a transversal way in all elements of the tourism system.
The main objective of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure is to train professionals capable of successfully managing and developing their tourism career from any functional area, companies and businesses dedicated mainly to the planning and management of destinations and international tourism and leisure products. .
To do this, the degree in tourism offers extensive training in tourism companies, resources, products, destinations and tools for international tourism management, with the aim that our students acquire a strategic and global vision in any of the professional opportunities for which the degree in Tourism and University Leisure has been designed.
Reasons to study the Degree in Tourism and Leisure of Ostelea
- Bilingual Spanish and English, with Russian and German as an optional language.
- Professional practices from the first year.
- ERASMUS program .
- International exchanges
- Cycle of meetings with hotel managers and catering companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Specialized software management: Students in the Degree in Tourism and Leisure will learn the management of travel reservations, through Amadeus e-learning, one of the leading booking platforms worldwide. The student who passes the course will obtain a diploma granted by Amadeus that certifies the overcoming of the same.
- Attendance to sectorial fairs: The students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure attend sectorial fairs throughout the four courses such as Barcelona Travel, considered the most important sector fair in Catalonia; or IBTM (Barcelona), one of the leaders in business tourism.
- International faculty: Part of the contents of certain subjects are taught by university lecturers and partner business schools of Ostelea. In the 2015/2016 academic year, some of the invited professors were Greg Richards, from the University of Tilburg (Holland); Maria Kirstine Lovén from the Copenhagen Business Academy; and José Antonio Vázquez from the Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Visits to companies and organizations: within the framework of the subjects the students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure have practical visits that allow them to complement the contents learned in the classroom. Some visits carried out have been: hotel Cotton House, Refugio del Poble Sec, the Mercat de la Boqueria, the Museum of tourism of Calella, the hotel ZT Villa Olímpica Suites, the Cultural Center Mercat del Born, among others.
- Tranvsersal Project (PT): the students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure elaborate a project jointly with all the subjects, both in the first course, and in the second one so the evaluation ponders in the total of the qualifications of each subject. The PT simulates a job in a real work environment. The winners of the transversal project receive a prize, last year it was a helicopter trip and this year a sailing trip is planned. It should be noted that this is an indicated methodology to encourage meaningful learning of all subjects, from a transversal perspective.
- Tourism skills Development Program: Students can acquire knowledge, skills and abilities in different areas: languages, customer service, managment and innovations and Tics. Likewise, if the student completes the total of hours for each of the competencies established throughout the 3 courses, he will obtain the global TSDP program certificate.
- Two itineraries with mention.
Through this program the student can take a year or 1 semester in higher education institutions of the European Union and other associated countries. Ostelea has signed mobility agreements with more than 27 European universities. This program allows the compatibility with grants for scholarships.
Erasmus of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, aid Ajuts MOBINT AGAUR, Generalitat de Catalunya, and with the Fórmula Santander Bank Scholarships.
The program guarantees the academic recognition of successful studies at the European university of destination.
You can find more information about calls and places in the following link:
List of Universities with which we have agreement:
• Copenhagen Business Academy
• ISCTE - Lisbon University Institute
• Laurea University of Applied Sciences
• INSEEC large École de Commerce
• Saxion University
• Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
• Coventry University
• University of Salford Manchester
• Cardiff Metropolitan University
The purpose of this call is to promote the international academic mobility of Ostelea students to participate in the following international mobility programs:
- Erasmus Studies Program with the countries of the Program (KA103), which allows academic stays in other European universities within the framework of the Erasmus program of the European Commission.
- Mobility Program, which allows for academic stays at universities that do not participate in the Erasmus i program, with which Ostelea has signed specific bilateral agreements for the exchange of students.
The selected students will be able to complete a study period during an academic course in the foreign higher education institution in which they have been awarded a place.
The studies taken within the framework of these programs will enjoy academic recognition by Ostelea, in accordance with the provisions of the specific regulations of each program and the academic mobility regulations.
The student who wants to apply for an international mobility position must complete the application and send it to the International Relations Office (outgoing @ eae. Es).
The student can request a maximum of 3 destinations, in order of preference, among those corresponding to their area of study.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the Office will publish the provisional list of admitted and excluded, and will grant a period of 3 calendar days so that the interested parties can correct the deficiencies detected in the application.
Once this period has ended and the allegations presented are resolved, the resolution with the place assignments will be published.
The awarding of international mobility positions is the responsibility of the Degree Department and the International Relations Office.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
a) Weighted average grade of the academic record (60%).
b) Knowledge of language (40%).
The places will be assigned based on the total score obtained for the first option of each application. If there is an equal score, priority will be given, in this order, to the candidate with the highest average score, with the highest language skills score and finally the student with the most credits passed.
When it is not possible to assign the first option so that the places in that destination have already been assigned to applicants with a higher score, the second option will be assigned and so on until the fifth option or until the last option specified by the applicant.
The allocation of places is conditional on admission by the host university, which will have to be processed later, and the approval of the study program to be completed, both by the Ostelea mobility coordinator and the coordinator / to the destination university.
In the event that the destination university does not admit the student for academic reasons, an attempt will be made to assign him a vacant position.
In general, the student is exempt from paying tuition at the destination university.
INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY PROGRAM (OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION)
The school has collaboration agreements with universities outside the European Union, in which the student can study in the same way 1 year or 1 semester of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure, being recognized the courses taken.
On the other hand, each international mobility program has associated grants, which the student can access, in accordance with the regulations that regulate them. The student will be informed by the International Relations Office when the corresponding announcements are published.
The University Degree in Tourism and Leisure will allow you to:
- Respond to existing training needs by facilitating the learning of fundamental questions about theory, procedures, policies, practices and experiences in the fields of tourism and leisure.
- Offer a basic training corpus of superior character that allows the technical specialization and management of companies and institutions in the fields of tourism and leisure.
- Generate specific specialization profiles that consider both the needs of business management and the management of collective aspects and, in particular, the tourist use of natural and cultural resources.
- Internalize and raise awareness about the scientific, economic, social, territorial and personal relevance of issues related to tourism and leisure.
- Introduce students in the design, planning and management of business and public projects in the tourism and leisure sectors.
- Promote knowledge of current policies, strategies and actions developed by institutions, companies and social agents in relation to tourism and leisure.
- Homogenize the transmission of knowledge in the field of tourism, avoiding the fragmentation of the contents to be imparted by excessive areas of knowledge.
- Ensure a multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach to tourism and leisure .
- Encourage the development of critical thinking about the role and consequences of tourism and leisure developments in an unequal and globalized world like the current one.
- Promote the recognition of differences and continuities between tourism and leisure.
- To favor the combination of creativity, business vision and organizational competences in entrepreneurial initiatives in the fields of tourism and leisure.
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
- Be in possession of the Bachelor's degree or equivalent and pass the University Access Test (PAU)
- Be in possession of a degree of Superior Technician of Professional Training, Superior Technical of Plastic Arts and Design or Superior Sports Technician (or equivalent qualification)
- Having passed the University Access Test for students over 25 years of age
- Having passed the University Access Test for students over 45 years of age
- Have more than 40 years and have exceeded access through accreditation of work or professional experience
- Being in possession of a university degree or equivalent
- Proceed from educational systems of the European Union or other States with which Spain has signed international agreements, meet the academic requirements in their systems of origin to access their universities and have obtained the credential issued by the UNED. It is worth mentioning the new Royal Decree 967/2014 of 21 November, which establishes the requirements and the procedure for the homologation and declaration of equivalence to qualification and official university academic level and for the validation of foreign higher education studies, and the procedure to determine the correspondence to the levels of the Spanish qualifications framework for higher education of the official titles of Architect, Engineer, Bachelor, Technical Architect, Technical Engineer and Diploma
- Proceed from other foreign educational systems, taking into account here the new Royal Decree 967/2014 of November 21, which establishes the requirements and the procedure for the homologation and declaration of equivalence to degree and official university academic level and for the validation of foreign studies of higher education, and the procedure to determine the correspondence to the levels of the Spanish qualifications framework for higher education of the official titles of Architect, Engineer, Bachelor, Technical Architect, Technical Engineer and Diploma
- Have completed partial foreign university studies, or totals that have not obtained the homologation of their degree in Spain
- Other assumptions that may be determined by current legislation
- Companies dedicated to the planning and management of international tourist destinations.
- Companies dedicated to the planning and management of tourism products related to international aspects, in particular the tourism / project product management positions.
- Travel agency, tour operators, online travel agency.
- The hotel companies, especially in management positions, commercial management, customer service management and booking management.
- Companies specialized in the international management of events, such as fairs and congresses.
- Consultants in the field of tourism and leisure at the international level.