In the current international tourist landscape, the concern for sustainability, the growing competition between destinations and the demand for quality at a reasonable price are confluent challenges in an environment that is in itself changing, in continuous transformation and, in some cases, unstable.
Given this paradigm, The Ostelea School of Tourism and Hospitality offers a new Degree in Tourism and Ocio. This is an official degree that is developed around the international approach, where travel is not understood only as the mere fact of traveling or intermediation and tourism marketing, but, on the contrary, corresponds to all the activities and actors involved in the tourism sector that are manifested through travel. Likewise, the Degree in Tourism and Leisure I understand leisure as the consumption of tourism that is reflected in a transversal way in all elements of the tourism system.
The main objective of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure is to train professionals capable of successfully managing and developing their tourism career from any functional area, companies and businesses dedicated mainly to the planning and management of destinations and international tourism and leisure products. .
To do this, the degree in tourism offers extensive training in tourism companies, resources, products, destinations and tools for international tourism management, with the aim that our students acquire a strategic and global vision in any of the professional opportunities for which the degree in Tourism and University Leisure has been designed.
Reasons to study the Degree in Tourism and Leisure of Ostelea
- Bilingual Spanish and English, with Russian and German as an optional language.
- Professional practices from the first year.
- ERASMUS program .
- International exchanges
- Cycle of meetings with hotel managers and catering companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Specialized software management: Students in the Degree in Tourism and Leisure will learn the management of travel reservations, through Amadeus e-learning, one of the leading booking platforms worldwide. The student who passes the course will obtain a diploma granted by Amadeus that certifies the overcoming of the same.
- Attendance to sectorial fairs: The students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure attend sectorial fairs throughout the four courses such as Barcelona Travel, considered the most important sector fair in Catalonia; or IBTM (Barcelona), one of the leaders in business tourism.
- International faculty: Part of the contents of certain subjects are taught by university lecturers and partner business schools of Ostelea. In the 2015/2016 academic year, some of the invited professors were Greg Richards, from the University of Tilburg (Holland); Maria Kirstine Lovén from the Copenhagen Business Academy; and José Antonio Vázquez from the Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Visits to companies and organizations: within the framework of the subjects the students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure have practical visits that allow them to complement the contents learned in the classroom. Some visits carried out have been: hotel Cotton House, Refugio del Poble Sec, the Mercat de la Boqueria, the Museum of tourism of Calella, the hotel ZT Villa Olímpica Suites, the Cultural Center Mercat del Born, among others.
- Tranvsersal Project (PT): the students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure elaborate a project jointly with all the subjects, both in the first course, and in the second one so the evaluation ponders in the total of the qualifications of each subject. The PT simulates a job in a real work environment. The winners of the transversal project receive a prize, last year it was a helicopter trip and this year a sailing trip is planned. It should be noted that this is an indicated methodology to encourage meaningful learning of all subjects, from a transversal perspective.
- Tourism skills Development Program: Students can acquire knowledge, skills and abilities in different areas: languages, customer service, managment and innovations and Tics. Likewise, if the student completes the total of hours for each of the competencies established throughout the 3 courses, he will obtain the global TSDP program certificate.
- Two itineraries with mention.
Through this program the student can take a year or 1 semester in higher education institutions of the European Union and other associated countries. Ostelea has signed mobility agreements with more than 27 European universities. This program allows the compatibility with grants for scholarships.
Erasmus of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, aid Ajuts MOBINT AGAUR, Generalitat de Catalunya, and with the Fórmula Santander Bank Scholarships.
The program guarantees the academic recognition of successful studies at the European university of destination.
You can find more information about calls and places in the following link:
List of Universities with which we have agreement:
• Copenhagen Business Academy
• ISCTE - Lisbon University Institute
• Laurea University of Applied Sciences
• INSEEC large École de Commerce
• Saxion University
• Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
• Coventry University
• University of Salford Manchester
• Cardiff Metropolitan University
The purpose of this call is to promote the international academic mobility of Ostelea students to participate in the following international mobility programs:
- Erasmus Studies Program with the countries of the Program (KA103), which allows academic stays in other European universities within the framework of the Erasmus program of the European Commission.
- Mobility Program, which allows for academic stays at universities that do not participate in the Erasmus i program, with which Ostelea has signed specific bilateral agreements for the exchange of students.
The selected students will be able to complete a study period during an academic course in the foreign higher education institution in which they have been awarded a place.
The studies taken within the framework of these programs will enjoy academic recognition by Ostelea, in accordance with the provisions of the specific regulations of each program and the academic mobility regulations.
The student who wants to apply for an international mobility position must complete the application and send it to the International Relations Office (outgoing @ eae. Es).
The student can request a maximum of 3 destinations, in order of preference, among those corresponding to their area of study.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the Office will publish the provisional list of admitted and excluded, and will grant a period of 3 calendar days so that the interested parties can correct the deficiencies detected in the application.
Once this period has ended and the allegations presented are resolved, the resolution with the place assignments will be published.
The awarding of international mobility positions is the responsibility of the Degree Department and the International Relations Office.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
a) Weighted average grade of the academic record (60%).
b) Knowledge of language (40%).
The places will be assigned based on the total score obtained for the first option of each application. If there is an equal score, priority will be given, in this order, to the candidate with the highest average score, with the highest language skills score and finally the student with the most credits passed.
When it is not possible to assign the first option so that the places in that destination have already been assigned to applicants with a higher score, the second option will be assigned and so on until the fifth option or until the last option specified by the applicant.
The allocation of places is conditional on admission by the host university, which will have to be processed later, and the approval of the study program to be completed, both by the Ostelea mobility coordinator and the coordinator / to the destination university.
In the event that the destination university does not admit the student for academic reasons, an attempt will be made to assign him a vacant position.
In general, the student is exempt from paying tuition at the destination university.
INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY PROGRAM (OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION)
The school has collaboration agreements with universities outside the European Union, in which the student can study in the same way 1 year or 1 semester of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure, being recognized the courses taken.
On the other hand, each international mobility program has associated grants, which the student can access, in accordance with the regulations that regulate them. The student will be informed by the International Relations Office when the corresponding announcements are published.
About the School
Ostelea is an international university centre, belonging to the Training division of Grupo Planeta, specializing in training professionals in the Hospitality and Tourism sectors with a passion for goo ... Read More