Presentation / Information of the Program
The Electronic Engineering Program, as an integral part of the Engineering Division of the University, participates in the processes, proposals and activities that in a coordinated manner present the other engineering programs in order to strengthen and consolidate the academic processes. In this context, the idea of offering the Electronic Engineering student the option of obtaining a second degree in Engineering (double program) with Telecommunications Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, due to the common elements that in some areas and academic nucleuses they share and the similarity in the valuation of the credits, hourly intensity and programmatic contents, which can be approved without losing the identity or quality of each particular program.
The Electronic Engineer of Universidad Santo Tomás is a humanist, integral, ethical, critical professional, with the ability to solve problems, innovate, model, design, develop, integrate, manage and undertake in the fields of electronics, control, automation , robotics, instrumentation and information and communication technologies, oriented towards the optimization and efficient use of energy resources in a globalized world, with environmental responsibility, social commitment and research culture.
The graduate of the Electronic Engineering Program of the Universidad Santo Tomás , according to his professional training, will be qualified to generate products and services, as well as to solve problems in different sectors, with the following competences:
- Design, model, integrate and implement instrumentation, control and automation systems applying new technologies.
- Design, develop, program and build robotic systems for industrial and commercial applications.
- Design, implement and maintain connectivity and data solutions.
- Analyze, design and implement electronic power systems to control alternative and conventional energy solutions and other processes related to the discipline.
- Design, develop and implement digital, micro-controlled, microprocessed and embedded systems for industrial and commercial applications.
- Apply techniques of digital signal processing to the solution of problems in a wide spectrum of sectors.
- Validate processes, methodologies, designs and others, contrasting them with the respective regulations, standards and specifications of a technical, economic, environmental and social nature.
- Identify, plan and execute maintenance activities for industrial and commercial systems and processes.
- Design, manage and execute business plans for the development of entrepreneurship with companies that generate added value in the fields of electronic engineering.
- Lead and participate in interdisciplinary work groups in advisory, research, consulting and auditing services, as well as managing and managing projects in the public and private sectors.
- Participate in calls, bidding processes and direct contracting in projects related to electronic engineering.
- Recognize and apply ethical principles and values related to behavior versus responsibility, commitment, honesty, respect and tolerance in the professional practice.
- Use effective and dynamic communication processes, as well as having the ability to adapt to change in the regional, national and international context.
Be a bachelor or equivalent and have met all the requirements demanded by the Colombian state for admission to higher education. It is desirable to have skills or disposition for the study of mathematics and physics; There are appreciable personal attitudes, such as teamwork, leadership, responsibility, commitment and social sense.
Strengths of the Program
It complies with the guidelines and institutional policies that in turn are consistent with the regulations that the country has for higher education institutions in the conformation of curricular structures updated, dynamic and in tune with the needs of society both nationally and internationally. international.
The program has a 30-year track record in which it has proven its relevance by responding to the training needs required at the regional, national and international levels, with high standards as evidenced by its high quality accreditations obtained, being the last consigned in Resolution 13482, of October 23, 2012 of the Ministry of National Education.
- It has an interdisciplinary faculty that guarantees a global vision of Electronic Engineering with extensive experience in education, research and in the industrial field.
- The curriculum offers flexibility and through its electives it is updated, maintained and articulated with the Master of Electronic Engineering.
- Subjects of the discipline are studied from the first semester.
- The Faculty has double program agreements with different faculties of the Engineering Division.
- Recognized research groups at Colciencias: Robotics Development Group "GED" and Modeling, Electronics and Monitoring Group "MEM".
- The Program has participation in networks and recognized memberships such as LACCEI, Acofi, SCI, and the IEEE student branch.
- The program has a complete set of laboratories that support the practical aspect of the subjects and facilitate learning by allowing direct and experiential contact with possible real scenarios.
- Being subscribed by a University with a denoted humanistic profile, the integral training combines the theoretical and practical disciplinary knowledge with the ethical and moral procedure guaranteeing a qualified professional and a responsible citizen.
- The program is offered by the Universidad Santo Tomás which is accredited as a high quality University, as well as the Electronic Engineering program, which guarantees that the academic and administrative processes and procedures tend towards an environment that always points at a professional with the higher qualifications
Mission and vision
The Mission of the Electronic Engineering Program, in accordance with the mission of the University, intends to train integral electronic engineers with solid scientific, technological and humanistic foundations, based on teaching practice, research and social projection, which responds to the needs of the society in a globalized world, with innovation and creativity under the principles of ethics.
The Electronic Engineering Program projects the training process in the next five years, in terms of strengthening and consolidating leadership in the disciplinary field with a relevant curriculum and contextualized with the scientific and technological advances proposed by the global knowledge society. with significant advances in the creation and business management, maintained the missionary principles of ethics, creativity and criticism in a highly globalized world. Likewise, it projects a significant improvement in the qualification of the teaching staff in terms of postgraduate training, academic mobility and participation in national and international events of both teachers and students, increase in the quantity and quality of technology required for the laboratory practices and advance in the coverage of agreements with organizations that support the interaction of academics with business.
- Mechanical Physics and Thermodynamics
- linear algebra
- Diferential calculus
- Fundamentals of Circuits
- Introduction to Engineering
- Institutional Philosophy
- Henri Didón Chair
- Electrical Physics
- Inergral calculation
- Programming I
- Circuits I
- Second Language I
- Vector Calculation
- Differential Equations and Numerical Methods
- Digital Systems I
- Circuits II
- Electronics I
- Second Language II
- Digital Systems II
- Programming II
- Signals and Systems
- Electronics II
- Waves and Electromagnetism
- Second Language III
- Digital Systems III
- Electronics III
- Electromagnetic Conversion
- Probability and statistics
- Theological culture
- Second Language IV
- Digital Signal Processing
- Identification and Modeling of Systems
- Power Electronics
- Communication theory
- Political Philosophy
- Second Language V
- Industrial Sensors and Actuators
- Modern Control
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Industrial Communications
- Data transmission
- Economic and Financial Management
- Control of Industrial Processes
- Wireless Communications
- Elective 1A
- Elective 1B
- Elective 1C
- Graduation project
- Preparation and evaluation of projects
- Industrial automation
- Maintenance Techniques
- Elective 2A
- Elective 2B
- Elective 2C
- Grade II Project
- Rerulation and Contracting
- Update Seminar
- SNIES code: 1085
- Qualified registry: Resolution n ° 15523 of November 30, 2012 with validity of 7 years
- Face-to-face modality
- Degree awarded: Electronic Engineer
- Duration: 10 Semesters
- Hours: Day
- City: Main Headquarters, Bogotá DC (Carrera 9 No. 51-11)
About the School
Universidad Santo Tomás is a non-profit Catholic Higher Education Institution. The University is present in five cities of the country with campuses in Bogota, Bucaramanga, Medellin, Tunja, and Villav ... Read More