- Title awarded: Social Communicator - Journalist
- Training level: University
- Methodology: On-site
- Program duration: 9 SEMESTERS
- Credits: 162
- Tuition cost year 2019 $ 3,561,000
* The General Administrative and Financial Council of Uniminuto sets the fees to be charged for tuition and subsidies for all academic programs, in accordance with the socio-economic contexts where the institution is present, therefore the tuition and subsidy values will present differences between venues and academic programs (Agreement 112 and 113 of 2018 and 114 of 2019).
- Snies: 2579
- Knowledge area: Social and Human Sciences
- Academic Unit: Communication Sciences
- Academic quality: High Quality Accreditation
- Qualified Registry Number: High Quality Accredited Program according to resolution No. 20966 of December 22, 2015 - Validity 6 years
Presentation of the program
The Program in Social Communication-Journalism of Uniminuto , has as its mission to train integral professionals in communication and journalism, with high social sensitivity to project their knowledge and skills, promoting and leading research, communication and journalism projects that encourage participation, plurality , respect for the other and the democratic exercise of citizenship.
Resolution No. 10712 of June 1, 2016 - Validity 7 years
High Quality Accredited Program according to resolution No. 20966 of December 22, 2015 - Validity 6 years
Program with International Accreditation before the Latin American Council of Accreditation of Education in Journalism and Communication - CLAEP, 2017-2027. - 10 years
The student entering the Social Communication-Journalism Program must possess and manifest the characteristics:
- Ability to read written, sound and audiovisual materials.
- Interest to listen and dialogue as well as to participate in the critical discussion about the world of life.
- Openness to the need to communicate what has been learned and team work.
- Basic knowledge in the Social and Human Sciences.
- Commitment to be part of a teaching and learning process.
- Understand yourself as a citizen of rights and obligations that are part of society.
- Recognizes the needs and potential of human beings as starting points to create proposals for life and human, personal and social development.
- He is able to articulate and exercise his professional knowledge in balance with his project of personal, family and / or social life.
- It applies communication for development and journalism, from an ethical perspective, which superimposes the public interest on the private, and promotes values and practices of personal fulfillment of subjects and communities.
- Plans and manages high quality journalistic processes, with an appropriate use of genres and formats.
- Coordinates or integrates work teams that develop communication and journalism processes.
- Applies research, production, post-production and circulation of messages in printed, sound and audiovisual information media and in information and communication technologies, ICT.
- Design and implement participatory communication strategies in different areas and media scenarios and personal interaction.
- Manages and advises communicative processes in organizations of different types.
- Design, formulate and execute communication and development projects aimed at improving the quality of life of citizens.
- It systematizes processes and / or social development projects, which identify learning and provide new knowledge on specific topics.
- It implements praxeology as a creative, effective and responsible way of investigating the context.
- Plans participatory communication processes in neighborhoods, school institutions, non-governmental organizations, state institutions and other organizations or collectives.
- Applies differential approaches, participation, sustainability, gender equity, among others, in the projects or communication initiatives that participate, in perspective of the sustainability of the planet and the human being.
The Professional in Social Communication and Journalism of Uniminuto , can work in the following areas of work:
Communication and Participation
- Coordinator, project advisor and communication strategies for development and social change.
- Project manager for pedagogical use and appropriation of media in the school classroom.
- Communication and environment project manager.
- Communication, coexistence and citizenship project manager.
- Advisor of citizen and community participation processes.
Citizen and Media Journalism
- Manager of participatory content in media.
- News Director
- Producer of audiovisual, sound and printed pieces.
- Economic journalist
- Environmental journalist
Communication and Context
- Researcher of contemporary social problems.
- Project manager for local development, globalization and culture
- Teacher, researcher who implements discourse analysis on relevant social issues.
- Teacher, researcher who implements content analysis on specific and relevant topics.
- Research assistant
- Systematizer of experiences.
- Fill out the registration form.
- Attach the result of the State test for access to Higher Education.
- Attach a photocopy of the identity document (citizenship card, identity card, passport, corresponding visa, immigration card or the valid document that proves that it is in process).
- Attach a photocopy of the Degree Certificate as a bachelor.
- Attach receipt of payment of registration fees.
Scholarships, subsidies and discounts
Uniminuto has established a series of agreements at the inter-institutional level, to achieve the continuity of the academic process of the students and for this, it has the support of the following entities:
- Outsourcing Bussines Company SA (Colfondos)
- District Secretariat of Social Integration
- ATLAS Group
- Bogotá legal status
- Acosta Restrepo Brothers Foundation
- Solidarity Foundation for Colombia
- Andean Center for Technical Studies LTDA.
- Agrarian Bank of Colombia
- Cooperativa Multiactiva Crucial DC
- Sodimac Colombia SA
About the School
El Sistema Universitario UNIMINUTO, inspirado en el Evangelio, el pensamiento social de la Iglesia, la espiritualidad Eudista y el carisma del Minuto de Dios, tiene como propósito: Ofrecer educación s ... Read More